1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 10:54 PM by jasper100 RSS

Shadow Ridge Vacation Villas

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Spent the week at this location. Very clean and the grounds are in great shape. Walking paths....not so good. Parking at some of the villas is a premium. Many cars parked on the streetside overnight because of the lack of parking. Continued construction at their 'Enclaves" (second phase) has stopped. The staff was friendly (although had no clue I was Platinum or didn't care to recognize....did remark they had never seen that many points in an account before). Went to an Owners update meeting. The management (i'll be kind here and call them the mgmt. but I found they didn't have a clue. Read on....) put on a dog and pony show with pretty slides to note all the nice amenities they were providing for the youngsters. Problem was, there wasn't a person younger than me in this room. No clue how to adjust on the fly...just spin the Kool-Aid as it shows.

Then, they got into the replacement of softgood and hardgoods slides for the owners. I noticed they were including the villa I was occupying as part of the imminent plan to redo all furnishings, carpets, etc., etc. Problem was, the villa I was in had absolutely not a blemish anywhere. It was almost like brand new. So, it begs the question....'How is it determined when and what rooms are being done?' Answer, 'We do them all'. Question: Why...my unit is impeccable and has a sizeable lifespan left in it....so why can't management make a determination as to what rooms are good to go for now instead of just burning cash on rooms that don't need it? Answer: That's too much work and we don't have the staff for that action.....

Are you kidding me? They had just pointed out they have 12,000+ employees in the timeshare division for 55 properties (doesn't include the housekeeping staff et al, that's separate contracted staff). Now, I wouldn't mind, but the annual fees at one of my timeshare locations have gone from $480 a year when bought to over $1200 per year now. The increases at this place have averaged about 6 to 8% that past few years...every year!

I think the management at these locations (timeshare) have really gotten too complacent towards the use of 'other peoples money'...mine included.

I much prefer the Desert Springs Villas I and II over by the Marriott Desert Springs Hotel.

So, I wonder if these folks ever stopped to think why more people every year walk away from their annual maintenance fee and give up the unit.

The timeshare conundrum........

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
  • Re: Shadow Ridge Vacation Villas
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I am glad I never got involved with Marriott Time Shares. Mostly what I hear from all the time share owners is not good!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...