8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 10:32 AM by let RSS

San Jose, Costa Rica - Hotels?

julienoelle Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there fellow travelers,

I will be traveling to Costa Rica in December and I am hoping someone may have some advice to share on the Marriott properties in San Jose?  I just need to stay at a property close to the San Jose airport.  The Marriott Hotel looks great but it's a lot of reward points (30,000) for just one night, less than 24 hours.  Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Residence properties?  Is there much of a difference?  It's just a friend and I that will be just completing a 10 day tour.

Any other advice on must see things or restaurants in San Jose would be helpful as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Julie

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Jose, Costa Rica Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard San Jose Escazu
San Jose, Costa Rica Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn San Jose Escazu
San Jose, Costa Rica Marriott Hotels & Resorts Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Guanacaste, Costa Rica JW Marriott JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
Herradura, Costa Rica Marriott Hotels & Resorts Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
  • Re: San Jose, Costa Rica - Hotels?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have stayed at the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose..Enjoyed the stay and got upgraded to a suite. Is a bit costly but might be worth the few extra points. I, like you, only stayed overnight as the next day I headed to the Los Suenas Marriott for a 6 day 5 night stay under the all inclusive arrangement. Good Luck!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Marriott is very special, you cannot go wrong!  Have a great stay, especially with a stronger dollar!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

My family and I have been looking at the two Costa Rica Marriott resort properties, possibly for next summer.  We'd love to hear more about your experiences!

Location Brand Hotel
      Guanacaste, Costa Rica JW Marriott JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
      Herradura, Costa Rica Marriott Hotels & Resorts Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
      PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

We are planning an Easter 2012 trip to Costa Rica. I am having a tough time deciding between Los Suenos and the San Jose Marriott. We would really appreciate your input as to pros and cons of both properties. In the past we have split a vacaton between two properties (in Aruba and Oahu/Waikiki), so that's another option. Also, I have read some big negatives concerning car rental - have you rented?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed at the San Jose Marriott a few years ago.  It was nice but you can't walk to anything.  They tried to charge me more for my room but I had my written confirmation so they honored my price.  They offer free airport transportation but tried to charge me for it.  If you decide to stay there, make sure that you have everything in writing to avoid potential problems.  I did not drive while there.

let Platinum

Hard decision, in San Jose there is the city and it's museums. It normally is pretty comfortable outside. There will also be available many day tours available from the hotel to volcanoes, jungle tours, white water rafting, coffee farms and the list goes on and on. In Jaco you're on the beach with basically all the options you have in San Jose, except the museums, add fishing and all of the ocean activities. Los Suenos has the small beach, surfing town Jaco very close. Some real nice restaurants on the beach and some local places (soda's) that have excellent cerviche. The beaches are ok and they range from brown sand to pebbles.  My choice would be Los Suenos, if you want to go to see some museums on a day trip it's fairly easy to get a van to San Jose and with the addition of the new toll road the trip is just 1hr 15 minutes versus the 3.5 hours it used to take. The van will run $80 to $100 each way toll included. Plan in advance for your trip to San Jose and hook up with one of the tours that takes you on the city sights, set up your van to meet you after your city tour and return. One thing about Jaco and Los Suenos, it's hot and I mean hot, seems like very little breeze. One place to go eat is Villa Caletas hotel. It's a 5km ride from Los Suenos and has stunning views and pretty good food for lunch or dinner. Stunning infinity pool.  Hope this helps.....

deeep711 Platinum

The Courtyard is good......The Marriott there not worth the points for sure!

elysium Platinum

I stayed at the San Jose Marriott near the airport back in 2006.  I stayed on points for two nights, the first and last night on a 9-day trip touring the country. I picked this hotel based on its location to the airport.  It was worth he extra points to me.  The Platinum gift included a full bottle of wine and the onsite restaurant was also very good for a first and last meal while in Costa Rica.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...