4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 10:37 AM by tef6178 RSS

Mark All Read

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is my new favorite thing to do--it frees the Inbox and I have zero communications to wade through. Of course I can't tell who wrote...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mark All Read
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Are you saying it removes the IM/private message after you mark it as read? The old system marked it as read but saved it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It saves the IMs in the "alerts" but removes everything else.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

This is a setting I discovered for helping me navigate through the postings.

First, it's important to know that the "Communications" is everything possible (posts, messages, etc.) on this site that has a "direct link" to the MRI member's username. For example, if I create a post, I am linked to the post until I stop following the post. If I reply to a post, I am linked and will continue to see any activity within the post as I was "linked" via my reply until I stop following the post. NOTE that if you have all e-mail notifications turned "on" the list in this communications site are the items that will be e-mailed to you.

There are some communications that cannot be turned off. From an earlier post:

Here's what it causing all the communications:

1. If you follow an MRI member, each and every post that person makes is in your Communications
    2. If you authored a discussion, blog, document, etc. you will get a notice (default is to follow your own postings)
    3. If you mark a discussion, blog, document, etc. with the "Follow" button you will get a Communication notice
    4. If someone sends you a MRI "Direct Message" you will get another notice
    5. If someone else shares a posting, this triggers a communication notice
    6. If an MRI announcement is created (aka scavenger hunt, etc.) you will get a notification
    7. Lastly, there is a Share feature that if someone decided to share a post with you, another notification

The items that you can control are 1 thru 3 by shutting off the "Follows." 4 through 7, you are at the mercy of the MRI.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Pingreeman:

Thanks for all the help you are giving to navigate and get a better understanding of the new site.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...