3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2011 2:54 PM by jasper100 RSS

Having Trouble Editing Poll! Can anyone help?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I tried to edit a poll so that I could add an item. However, it tells me a location entry is required. When I put a valid location in and try to post it, it continues to tell me I need to put a valid location code in....Can anyone help me here on how to do this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Having Trouble Editing Poll! Can anyone help?
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Jasper - I believe the issue is related to which forum you are attempting to build the poll. For example, to build a poll within Destinations or Travel Tips, a location is required. To build in Marriott Rewards or Other Topics, locations are not required.

Create a Poll - location.gif

If this is not the issue you are having, send me a private message with the details of the poll you are attempting to build (title and verbiage of each of the voting choices). I will then construct the poll and capture the steps and reply back so you have a cheat sheet for building your next poll.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Having Trouble Editing Poll! Can anyone help?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jasper100,

I had a similar problem when I created my poll earlier.  I had filled out several valid locations on the original poll and that all took fine.  When I went in later and tried to edit the poll, it kept telling me I had to put in a valid location and it would still give me the same error you were getting.  I believe the only I found to make it finally work (from what I remember) was to actually delete one of the existing locations and then putting it back in again.  I will copy the NathalieF on this bug to see if they can shed any light on this problem too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...