6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 6:36 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Insider's Plea

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Insiders,

I enjoyed the "old" Marriott site very much.  Because of the scavenger hunt, I have been able to learn a little more about the "new" site.  I think those of us who liked the "old" site better because it was easier to navigate with not as many bells and whistles, can continue the flavor of that site by posting like we used to using the new topics.  We can still write about hotels, Marriott Rewards, Business, etc.  I would be really disappointed if some of the long tem members decided not to post their incredible posts any more.  Please don't give up on this site. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insider's Plea
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

It's all about change - and I am adapting as I agree, the MRI is still one of my favorite daily visits.

On an aside, I think I've got a fairly good idea of navigation and how to do certain tasks (not all the potential capabilities of this site have yet been enabled, so there are areas I'm not quite sure of the intent or purpose). Having said that, I am hoping to complete a "document" posting to share with all the Insiders by the end of the weekend. The topic will be about "How to navigate in 5 minutes - the simplified version." My goal is to explain how to do the "everyday" things that were so comfortable doing in Version 2. Then, time permitting, I will draft another document of "Advanced Features" on how to leverage some really cool things this site does have to offer that were unavailable in V2.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

What would also be neat, is if we could either start a discussion or topic, of a Quickstart that people could add to, along with neat tricks users have discovered to make the process easier for new people on the site, to refer to.  I would add to that Dicussion if we can find a way to make it easy to find when you first get on the site.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

We could do that. Create a "Document" styled post that is available for contributors to add/modify/etc. and add it to our bookmarks. Grand idea. Then if anyone is lost, they simply click on their bookmarks link and presto!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

That's a good way to implement it for us.  What would really be helpful for a new person signing on for the first time, would be to see that such a thing exists right on their splash page!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

thanks, pingreeman.  I will look forward to seeing it and contributing to it.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Give it some time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...