25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2015 4:07 PM by kharada46 RSS

where is your favorite beach?

bloombergtv Member
Currently Being Moderated

my favorite beach is in California Newport

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Great Bay, Isles of Scilly off the south west tip of the UK. One of the 10 best beaches in the World.
  • Re: where is your favorite beach?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

My favorite beach is Copa Cabana in Rio...I stayed at the Marriott at Copa Cabana for a week, was upgraded to a suite, and went to the beach every day...incredible..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Here is a good article on the 10 best beaches in the world..you may want to add some of them on your bucket list!!!

http://www.anguilla-beaches.com/beaches.html

goestoeleven Gold

Ocracoke Island -- the lowest point in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

the marriott grand cayman. you could snorkel right out front.

mlg831 Platinum

Thanks for asking, bloombergtv

My favorite is Carmel Beach, California for sentimental reasons.  I spent many a weekend night hanging around a bonfire back in the day.  The fine, white sand and view ain't so bad either!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

DSCN8560.JPG

Dear mlg831, not to mention the Carmel sunrises and the Frank Lloyd Wright house as well as the dogs on the beach!

fhllast4ever Platinum

Mine is Boracay Beach , one hour (by plane ) from Manila, Philippines.  My friends insisted on going there but I did not want to.

I thought what beach can beat the beaches of  the Gulf of Mexico?  (Sand key Beach, Clearwater Beach and especially Siesta Key Beach

in Sarasota, FL which was rated by a scientist as the best white sand in the US (almost pure quartz).  I was wrong -- the white sand on Boracay Beach

is also almost pure quartz, feels cold on your feet even at high noon, water is azure blue,calm and crystal clear..  We went island hopping and landed on one of the small islands.  They cooked the food for us and we were served lunch in this island paradise.  Back to Boracay  for dinner on the beach.

Every afternoon the hotels have tables lined up on the beach where you can have a sumptous dinner while watching the red sunset.  As the

sun disappears, music and live performers appear on the beach.  Suddenly it's one big party! Needless to say, I lacked sleep every night.

My vacation made me a certified beach bum as the lazy days were filled with water sports, manicures/pedicures, massage, facials and haircuts,aromatherapy,healthy food, evening jamming on the beach and shopping (specially pearl shopping).  All these were very cheap as the dollar went a long way. 

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd have to say my favorite beach is right outside my house....Santa Rosa Beach, FL. I can sit on my upper deck, have a drink or glass of wine, watch the sun set in front of me into the distant water horizon and just chill alone or with others while I listen to the waves lap in. Also chosen as one of the top ten beaches in this article.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-37895743

Enjoy my view and check out that beautiful turquoise water!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Elbow Beach in Bermuda is near the top but since I live on both coasts I tend to use the one where we are at that time.

There are so many nice beaches around the world.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Cocoa Beach,

Very relaxing and close to the space center.  Great spot in Cocoa Nuts!

Location Brand Hotel
      Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
    paul999 Member

"the white sand on Boracay Beach is also almost pure quartz, feels cold on your feet even at high noon"

True, even when it's scorching hot outside the sand is still cool. A welcome change from the sand in my country where the sand can burn your feet, even when it"s way less hot then in Boracay.

Love Boracay also, the beaches and the people

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Hands down Ka'anapali Beach on Maui. I think kharada46 would like that choice.

Light surf, great snorkeling, sea turtles, tropical fish, water temp. it's paradise.

20140929_175129.jpg

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

ks77, Kaanapali Beach is definitely a great one!  Waianae (west of Ko Olina) has some great beaches, but you go there at your own risk as break-ins are VERY common.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Good to know for future travels. I never went and farther West than the JW when I was there. We went to North Shore and that was awesome. I would like to see the Eastern side of the island one day.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I don't have any photos of the beaches west of the JW, but Makua Beach is beautiful and is frequented by Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins.  Beaches on the East Shore, though...

Below is Lanikai Beach just before dawn as seen from the Lanikai Pillboxes with the Mokes off in the distance.

lanikai.jpg

And this is Kualoa Beach with Mokoli'i island (Chinaman's Hat)

kualoa.jpg

And Sherwoods, a portion of Waimanalo Beach (rated #1 beach of 2015)

_MG_4163.jpg_MG_4169.jpg

Platinum 28 Reviews

My favorite beach is one that can be anyplace in the world as long as no one else has found it or there are no crowds!

The most depressing activity is dreaming of laying on a tropical beach and when you arrive looking for a place large enough to "set stake".

I often reflect on all the beautiful photos that a resort will use to promote their tropical and romantic beaches.  Then you arrive and it's like being in Coney Island during a Summer Sunday.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I'm not a huge beach fan.  We do enjoy Rehoboth Beach, DE each year, but it does get a bit too crowded in season.

My all time favorite beach was Marley Beach in Bermuda.  Quiet, pink sand, beautiful surf and clear water.  I was there about 48 years ago.

Jsucool76 Gold

My favorite beach would be any indoor beach with air conditioning. Haha.

peymanagement Platinum

Ipanema, Brazil.

ericwynn Platinum

Melbourne and Indialantic Beach!!

superchief1 Platinum

Since I enjoy almost any beach, it is difficult to choose a favorite. I like many of them for different reasons and experiences. My favorite is probably St. Petersburg Beach/Treasure Island, FL because we spent many enjoyable family vacations there when I was a boy. I prefer the Gulf Coast beaches over the Atlantic because of the clean white sand and fewer crowds. Other favorites include:

• Newport Coast Crystal Cove State beach :for marine life and beauty of terrain, great for walking
    • St. John's, BVI
    • Oahu (only island I have visited so far in Hawaii
    • Marco Island
    • Destin

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

IMG_2826.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
    Great Bay, Isles of Scilly off the south west tip of the UK. One of the 10 best beaches in the World.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...