19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2011 2:31 AM by anadyr RSS

Marriott Rewards members worldwide

khendricks0712 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know how many Marriott Rewards members there are nationwide?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards members worldwide
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

100+

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Somehwere around 36 million

I was close?

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

SteppingStones - was the 36 million a SWAG, or were you being serious?  It seems like a reasonable number....

• Update: I'm now assuming the number was not a guess, because I've confirmed from an outside source (see below).  I'm VERY IMPRESSED with your insider knowledge!!!!

Does anyone know the breakdown on:

• Platinum Premier (they're the top 3 percent - so, that's what - a million - that seems like a lot)...
      • ooops - Platinum premier is the top 3 percent of the Platinum ranks, not 3 percent of the total Rewards community - sorry about the brain cramp - so it's a much smaller number.....
    • Platinum
    • Gold
    • Silver

Seems like it would be fun trivia.

p.s. I thought this page - an exhaustive data dump on the Rewards program - was informative - although the information is slightly dated....

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/ratings_and_reviews/program.php?key=MCA02

Message was edited by: Steven Schooner

I don't think Marriott would share this with anyone..and I greatly doubt that there were a million Platinum Premier in my humble opinion!!!

Steven, the 36M number is from "a usually reliable source of unquestioned reliability," to coin a phrase from James Bond movies and novels.In the Army we called that an "A1" source (many of whom were not.  One correction: Platinum Premier represents the three of so percent of stayers who have met the requirements in a given year.  Thus the number can fluctuate.

Steven, I have asked the folks there about specifics: number of hotels with Concierge's, etc. and found that "proprietary information" is really proprietary as they say.  I assume that there's a distribution table somewhere (near the Coca Cola formula and the Rolesor ingredients for smelting at Rolex) that details who is what.  Since placement depends on individual choices made by travelers, the variable no one can control but the traveler,  it is hard to say what an expected outcome for the three categories might be. I'd guess that over 35 million MR members are not Platinum Premiers, and that under a million are Platinum. What would be more interesting to know is the number of Emereti in the categories.

Fascinating....

• if they disclose the secret handshake, the foundations might crumble....
        • having previously worked in the "black" world of classified, secret, top secret, compartmentalized, and, as we used to say "double secret probation" programs, it is easy to become cynical about this stuff.... It's a lot harder to keep things secret in the Internet age....
        • but corporations should know their marketplace, and we have to assume this information is proprietary for a reason (hopefully other than habit or past practice).

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Ssindc, not sure if it matters, but your full name is displayed after you edited your post,  just FYI.

Thanks for the heads up!!!  That's entirely unsatisfactory.... I guess I need to figure out what to do about it.  One more "customer satisfaction" opportunity on the new Insiders page...

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Had no idea there were that many!

Likewise, feel "Honored", to be a Lifetime Platinum Member!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...