0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2011 12:29 PM by tryt53 RSS

One of my Favorite Hobbies

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My favorite recent hobbies is growing dahlias.  I have probably 150 varieties now and a good portion of the back lawn has been replaced with dahlias (grass is highly overrated anyway, right?).  Now we selll flowers during blooming season and tubers over the winter and spring.  That part is work, but we fund some of our vacation with that so I don't mind the work at all.  I am a programmer by trade, and I think I find the flowers peaceful, beautiful to look at, and I see completion to each phase of the growing, planting, and other cycles.  This is quite different than code and maintenance that never seems to end but just morphs from developing, to maintenance, to enhancing, all of which never ends.  We need a way to escape and dahlias are my way.  Funny thing is, that dahlias originated in Mexico and have hybridized up here, but when we go on vacation to Puerto Vallarta, we haven't been able to find a single dahlia!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...