9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 10:20 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Hotel in Chicago

kndelta Member 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Please recommend a good hotel in Chicago.  Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel in Chicago
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

JW Marriott at the magnificent mile location. Great Location and great service. More expensive than the others, but well worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

What area of Chicago?  Downtown or surburban?

ccanuck Platinum

The Mag Mile Marriott is located in the River North district of Chicago, which is right downtown.  Very good location for shopping and tourist attractions.  To note, this is a standard Marriott hotel and not a JW Marriott branded hotel.  The JW Marriott is located in the Loop (financial district) and is very nice as well.

I have stayed at the Renaissance Blackstone Hotel is extremely nice as well.  It is further south from downtown but is close to Grant Park, the Art Institute and the Museum Campus.

Here is the link: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chirh-renaissance-blackstone-chicago-hotel/

ptomczik Platinum

I recently stayed at the Mag Mile Marriott and was a little let down.  I was expecting more.  The lobby is incredibly noisy, the rooms are fine, but not great.  There's a Courtyard a few blocks away on Ontario that if you're looking to save some money would be a perfectly fine hotel (view not as impressive).  It's a block from the Mag Mile.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry to hear you did not have a very good stay at Mag Mile Marriott..another sign that Marriots are not delivering like they have in the past.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Mag Mile always treats me very good!

I just avoid the Lobby, when it is very crowded.  The view of the lake are great, and walking to shop is a lot of fun!

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Renaissance Downtown on Wacker Drive - the amenities are wonderful, the service exceeded my expectations, and the location can't be beat.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is a wonderful place, and one of my favorite steak houses is across the river, Smith & Wollensky's!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...