3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2011 9:41 AM by anadyr RSS

Week one

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So, how is everyone seeing this relaunch in terms of:

1. overall look of the site
  2. ease of use
  3. clear delineation of actions, messages, etc.
  4. content
  5. click-ability

Love to hear some commentary.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Week one
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Stepping Stones: My Comments as follows:

Overall look of the site:

I don't mind the look of the site. I am used to the old site and really don't think the new look adds a lot a value to the site.

Ease of use:

The more I use it, the easier I find it. Again, I was satisfied with the old site and other than the Social Media aspect of the new site, not sure I see a lot of value added at this point.

Clear delineation of actions, messages, etc.

Again, the more I use the site, the clearer it becomes to me. But again, up to now, I am not seeing how a lot of value has been added to the old site.

Content:

The more I use the system, I am finding that the content seems reasonable and does capture a lot of the features of the old system with the biggest change be focused towaard Social Media which does seem to be the wave of the Future that us old timers are having a accepting.

Click-ability:

I am not having any great difficulty in click-ability, although it is more cumbersome than the old system.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

SteppingStones:

I think the site has appeal in terms of overall look and understand some of the look and content to be modeled off of some of the social networking sites: facebook, twitter, etc.  Many of my suggestions center around ease of use.  I wish maneuverability to certain areas of the site was easier.  For example I'd like each page of Insiders to have the same common sidebar.  Additionally, I would like to see the "Browse" main / landing page be easier to sort by topic. Finally, I hope the main home page will get a facelift once the site has been up awhile.  I think it currently is filled with a lot of "filler".  Granted, I also recognize one has the ability to change what they would like their "home page" to be.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Well said Jarrett.  As much as I agree with you, I am concerned that the site is not as uiser-friendly (for me) as it once was.  As a three year old artifact of the Internet, MRI has a very short history, and you probably know had one April misstep.  This is a new departure, and not as critical as what happened that day.  Perhaps as I get used to things I will find it meets my needs but not just yet,  Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...