4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 10:10 AM by NathalieF RSS

Separation of sites

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why not split the MRI site in two?  Make one part for techies who are into Social Networking and another site for strictly travel related issues?  I would put myself in the latter section. 

Alternatively the site could default on page loading to one of these two choices making it a preference.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Separation of sites
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I will be very suprised if Marriott will or even could implement this..But we will see!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I think part of the issue here for a lot of us is that everything is lumped together in a 'Browse' page or other page. There are categories, but those categories display in the same manner as the total look on the Browse page. If the site had a page (similar to the old version) where the categories showed the previous postings by title, it would be easier to figure out instead of having to scroll through 10 pages to find a post you want to see.

I know it's a throwback to the old site, but it was certainly a look that was far less cumbersome than the block posts we now see. I don't remember any suggestion being made by the focus groups to create the maze we see now. We wanted tweaks and sensible updating, not confusion.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yep, right on tef!!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

That's a good point tef6178, and you can actually skip directly to the discussions in a specific Topic area. If you click on any of the Topics areas in the Quick Links, you'll see the overview tab for that Topic. This is where you can find updates on activity within each Topic, but if you click the Content tab, you'll notice a similar layout as the Browse page. Since you went to the specific Topic area first, you'll only see those conversations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...