3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2011 3:12 PM by travelvlaan RSS

my travel tip is to travel light

travelvlaan Member
Currently Being Moderated

Do you check a bag on a flight?

I travel light to avoid baggage fees. I do this when I rent a car and can stop at a drug store to buy liquids like drinks and toiletries.

the only items I pack for trips that help make travel feel routine are id, and boarding pass with my computer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: my travel tip is to travel light
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

You must not be travelling with your Spouse/Significant other...LOL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I haven't checked a bag with an airline since they lost my wife's bag on a trip to Paris in 1990. Had to buy a new wardrobe for the trip remainder and she was furious that clothing being sold was for a different season than we were visiting in. Spent two weeks looking for that bag and found it myself when we were on our way home in a stop through London. Seriously. I was taking apart the baggage folks on our way out of Europe and saw a bag that looked exactly like hers sitting in the background. Asked him what that bag was doing there since it looked exactly like the one lost....and it was our bag!  Ever since, my wife has bought into the 'pack light and be happy' scenario. Even if we go for two weeks we find a way to launder or get cleaning done for our clothing. Never had a problem....and never had a lost bag again!

travelvlaan Member

Wife is OK with it if she can buy new cosmetics

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...