2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 2:49 PM by californian RSS

Marco Island off season is the only season for me!

mynameissam Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For a combined total of 255,000 points I redeemed for a 5 night stay at Marco Island Beach Side Marriott (120,000 pts) and $1,000 in Marriott Reward Checks (135,000 pts).  My wife and I packed up our two kids and headed south in the height of hurricane season.

The weather was fantastic! and the beaches were uncrowded.  Whilst in Florida our area of the north east suffered major flooding - end result, 50% of my potatoes were ruined but 100% of our family vacation was perfect!

At check in we were upgraded to a 10th floor ocean view balcony room.  The following day we were "terribly" inconvenienced and moved to a beach front La'nai suite with direct access to the beach.

I cannot think of a more enjoyable use of my points... until next September when we go for 7 days with $2,000 in checks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marco Island off season is the only season for me!
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Great trip. Being from Florida, Marco Island is a great vacation location. Have not stayed at the Marco Island Beach Side Marriott but will look into it on one of my day trips in Florida.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marco Island off season is the only season for me!
      californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed at Marco Island a few years ago and had such a good time that I will be returning next year however it is now a cat 7 and will cost more points.  They upgraded me too but not like what you got.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...