4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 12:00 AM by nuhusker RSS

Albuquerque: Marriott or Marriott Pyramid North? (incl photos)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks to all who responded to my initial inquiry, below.... Just back from Albuquerque, where I stayed at the Marriott Pyramid North.

• Great value for money - basically $100/night
    • that was for a suite - a comfortable bedroom (with a nice view) and a full-sized living room with a desk, desk chair, couch, additional chair,  wet bar, etc.
    • no concierge lounge over the weekend, but I received coupons for the full buffet breakfast (which was extremely good - nice fruit selection, eggs or waffles to order, meats, cereals, breads, oatmeal, yogurts, even blintzes)
    • nice foyer treats - coffee, juices, cookies, apples, oranges
    • newspaper daily - WSJ, and (huge) local paper Sunday morning
    • free parking
  • Nice staff - very helpful with driving directions; bonus points for slipping a helpful note under the door about the time change (Fall Back....)
    • whoa - and I even received a very nice thank you e-mail from the property's general manager the next day!!!; and
  • Frankly, the design is a little dated - uh, yeah, that's the best I can say - it's one of the least attractive (OK, it's an eyesore) facilities I've ever seen in the Marriott inventory...  Here's an external photo and an inside view of the grotto/fountain (although this photo does not do justice to the full extent of the, uh, unique nature of this lobby "conversation piece")...

P1010150-a.JPG

P1010111-b.JPG

But I'd recommend the place without hesitation!

-------------

I'm headed to Albuquerque in a few weeks.  I haven't been for ages (and just spelling it is a challenge).  Should I book the Marriott or the Marriott Pyramid North?  (Both are 4's, neither is perfectly located for my needs, both are a bargain, and it's only a $5 price difference, so....)  Any preferences or insights are welcomed on:

• food, lounge
  • service
  • anything else.

Also, anything on your "must see" or "must do" while in town list would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: SSinDC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
  • Re: Albuquerque: Marriott or Marriott Pyramid North?
    columbussig Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

SSINDC

I have stayed at the Pyramid many times, it is a decent property.  I would not say it is spectacular but the concierge lounge is well stocked.  

I have always had friendly service during my stays.  However, it is attached to a convention center so you might have alot of foot traffic and lines at the restaurants if dining on-site. 

Staff is attentive, but I have yet to be upgraded in my 5 stays.

Hope this helps but can't compare it to the other property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...