2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 8:03 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Marriott Employee "Hall of Fame"?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Superchief had a great idea on discussing "Hall of Fame" properties.  This started me thinking about what makes a property "Hall of Fame" material.  Certainly location, structure, CL, and other factors are critical, but what about employees?  I have never been to a "Great place" that the employees were not of "Beyond the call of duty" wonderful.  Maybe it is just me, but I take a photo of Marriott employees who have really been great to my guests and me.  Yes, I can remember some of their names and I wish I could meet some of the kind people in Omaha, Toronto, and Texas who help me with reservations.  I think they do a great job.  One regret is I did not have a digital camera years ago, and have no "Early" pictures

Here are some pictures of people who belong in my Marriott employee "Hall of Fame"!

Picture #1, Anne, of Ethiopia, Paris Ren. ADT,  No one has been more "Cheerful" bringing complimentary breakfast to the room each day than her!  Has pride in her job and works very hard.

#2, Theo at Marriott Marina, San Diego.  This fellow check me in and treated me like I was "Royalty".  I was only Platinum, but he "Set's the bar very high" for friendliness at Marriott.

#3, George the GM, CY Benton Harbor, Michigan.  Every stay was wonderful, and he was a "Hands on" GM, always available and I respected his hard work.

#4 Fabrice, at the Marriott C-E, Paris.  What enthusiasm to get suitcases at 6 AM!  This guy also loved his job, and it showed!  A great hotel, if one ever has the chance this would be my choice for people who are going to Paris for their first time!

There are more, but thanks for letting me share this with you.  I do not know if any of these people are still with Marriott, but I thank them for the great way they, and many others have serve others and me!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Employee "Hall of Fame"?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Jerry:

I agree. I think a Hall of Fame (or Hall of Shame) is more important today with all the 'changes' in service and all else we are seeing lately.

Also, these pictures are huge also. I wonder if anybody else is having these pictures come out so large that everyone looks thin and......

V
    E
    R
    Y

T
    A
    L
    L.

They aren't even close to fitting in the window of the computer. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the pictures?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Employee "Hall of Fame"?
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef,

I think it is me!  I had the computer photo's set to "Medium", and have reduced it to "Small".  Will see if it works!  This took so long, I did it two times and then had to erase on of the same posts.  Got to take a break!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...