49 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 10:51 AM by pluto77 RSS

What badges would you add to your profile?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

If you’re interested in additional badges to your profile, what badges would you want to add?

• Cities
  • Countries
  • Destinations
  • Marriott brands
  • Or some other idea?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• What badges would you add to your profile?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I'd like to put photo icons of the most famous site in my favorite destinations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

How about these, all of which would be verified by Marriott to prevent fibbing?

• Years in Marriott Rewards
    • Years in Elite Status
    • Million(s)of points earned
    • Platinum Premier Status
    • Ambassador/Former Ambassador service

• Re: What badges would you add to your profile?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

How about a badge for Life Time Platinum Member?

nickatnight Platinum

What makes you a life time member? I have 1150 nights at Marriott. Thanks

nickatnight Platinum

What makes you a life time member? I have 1150 nights at Marriott. Thanks

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I like this idea, but I'm curious - would this be a self-identification regime?  (Reducing fibbing would be great, but making things easy and/or automatic - with, of course, an opt out option - would be even better!)

In any event, it might be fun to permit folks to self-identify (or "badge") based upon - as you suggest:

• Cities
      • do you envision a quantitative (e.g., number of cities) or threshold approach?
        • this might be interesting - obviously, some heavy (business) travelers rack up nights at a few hotels - others frequently end up in different places;
      • could the insiders page create a function where members could check off - from a menu - each city in which they'd stayed in a Marriott property?  if so, that would be pretty neat.
    • Countries
      • if you do Cities (or Destinations), this would follow, logically...
    • Destinations
      • I'm not sure I see the difference between Cities and/or Destinations - could this be a difference without a distinction?
    • Marriott brands
      • This might be low-hanging fruit if it's just a badge showing "I've stayed in all (or most) of the Marriott Brands"
      • How about, instead, something along the lines of:
        • preferred Marriott brand to stay at on business
        • preferred Marriott brand to stay at on vacation (paying)
        • preferred Marriott brand to stay at with family/kids
        • preferred Marriott brand to stay at with points, etc.
    • All of this relates to the larger point - as an Insider, I'd like to be able to identify people who
      • have traveled to the country/area/city that I'm going to visit next;
      • have stayed in the specific hotel(s) that I'm considering;
      • might have travel or food tips for that city or hotel....

I agree with SteppingStones on these:

• Years in Marriott Rewards
      • Years in Elite Status
    • Million(s)of points earned
      • I'd add: Hundreds of nights stayed - plenty of posts have identified - in the past - that no all members are similar - some accumulate more nights, some more points.  (I fall into the points-faster-nights category.)  Which category the insider falls into - particularly if he or she is a heavy-weight in both - is informative with regard to his/her insights....
    • Platinum Premier Status - sure you should recognize your most valued customers...
    • Ambassador/Former Ambassador service

I also agree with the suggestion that there be a badge for:

• Chase Marriott VISA holders/users, and maybe separate badges for the two different types of cards.

All of which reminds me - one of the most consistent comments I see within the community is that folks would like to see - somewhere on their Account page (under Activity?) - their lifetimes points accumulated and lifetime nights stayed.  That seems like a pretty easy fix.

Message was edited by: Steven Schooner (based on excellent suggestions by others0

travelvlaan Member

i would like to have badges for countries and for brands of Marriotts and for following at least 10 people

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

I would add badges for location traveled too as well as brand of marriott stayed at.  It would be nice to have both badges that are self select and badges that are achieved.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Scavenger_Hunt_Day2

Answer #3 to day #2,

I would add "Countries" to profile, similar to Facebook!

It would allow people to go to you directly should they have questions about upcoming travel.

Stepping Stones hit the "Nail on the head", well said!

re4mefran Member

Scavenger Hunt Day 2

Badges for places visited and allow users to design their own badges

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Scavenger_Hunt_Day_2

I already replied earlier to this but will repeat:

I would like to see a Lifetime Platinum Member badge and a badge for over stays at xx different Marriott Locations - you can determine the number (XX)

I do not know how to tag this with Scavenger_Hunt_Day_2

khendricks0712 Silver

It would be cool to have badges for individual marriott properties visited.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I would add cities and countries.  I would also like to see badges for your award level if you choose to show it.  Also adding tag in this post to say Scavenger_Hunt_Day2

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

I deserve a badge for spending so much time on this scavenger hunt trying to post

about a recent vacation trip and upload a photo so badges are the least of my worries but badges would you add to my profile are long time marriott Rewards member over 20 years.

should it have been a blog post or did I do it right in discussions? You did not specify blog so will I get the scavenger points?

racine Platinum

I agree with all of the suggestions noted, especially the one for properties visited.  In addition, there could be badges for hotel recommendations/reviews provided to the properties and on the Insiders site.  There could also be a badge for Marriott Reward points accumulated as well how long a person has been a member; if they have a Marriott Credit Card and if the utilize the properties for meeting planning purposes.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

I agree - anything that could identify a insiders member as knowledgeable about a certain topic (meeting planning @ marriotts, marriott credit card ins and outs, etc.) would be beneficial.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Great suggestions, everyone. I think that lifetime members should be recognized(even though we aren't there yet).

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I think a badge of courage is appropriate for all who can figure out how to navigate the site.........

Yes to that -- just spent twenty minutes trying to find a private message sent to me, with only limited success. Also the photo uploader works only infrequently!

Hi Steppingstones, I wanted to check to see if you had any additional suggestions? You suggested earlier a Platinum Premier badge, a Lifetime Elite Platinum badge, and 25+ years in Marriott Rewards.

Sure, I hope you saw my earlier post?  I think one additional might be ten years at Platinum, and former Ambassador.

Stepping Stones

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Oh my goodness, you have got me laughing out loud! That is my new top choice...the Badge of Courage!!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I think you will love the updates that are coming next week.  Have previewed them and I think all will be pleased.

We can hardly wait!  I like changes (good ones at least) that help us enjoy the site more.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Tryt, These are very good design tweaks, I think.  They will enhance the experience of a first time/inexperienced member, while at the same time not be so drastic (in terms of change) for the experienced Insider as to cause frustration.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Not sure what type of changes you are referencing, but I sure hope that they will not be so dramatic as to be as confusing as they have in the past........simplicity in change goes a long way.....

franke Gold 4 Reviews

don't understand about badges but i'll pick marriott brands & destinations

portlandadam Silver

Countries would be cool.

wanttogo Silver

I would vote for a badge for different countries visited.

elitepro Member

I think that a badge for visitors to diffrent parts of the globe like continents badge would be fun. Like explorer badges
    would be a nice addition to profiles. This suggestion completes my 3 scavenger hunt activities so I hope to earn the points. What time does the hunt start each day?

9 am Eastern is what they said.

Daily Scavenger hunt activities will be posted at 12 noon ET on Wednesday and Thursday. And so Insiders in other time zones have a chance as well, we'll have a special early edition on Friday, posting at 6 am ET.

traveler2 Platinum

Badges for the each of the hotels visited.

Message was edited by: traveler2 Scavenger hunt day 2

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

what badges would I add?

to me, badges are accomplishments, kinda like boy scout badges.  so, one for whittling, one for camping out,  one for good deeds, etc....  who out there remembers all the badges in boy scouts?  let's see how many we can identify.

Seems to me that the question is answered or being answered and not "not answered" as the post claims.

I was thinking the same thing and had even looked at whether I could change the status.  I'm guessing that only the originator can change that, and maybe leaving Andy is leaving it unanswered until Scavenger Hunt Day 2 is done.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree that elite status badges would be helpful.  I appreciated being able to easily see if the person posting was a Platinum versus Silver as it helped understand their perspective.

mynameissam Platinum 2 Reviews

I would add counter badges displaying nights by brand.

For instance, I envision a few badges in this genre.

Fairfield Badge (with Fairfield Logo), super-imposed over the logo would be the number 80, representing 80 total nights

Residence Inn Bade (With RI logo), super-imposed over logo would be number 40, representing 40 total nights

JW Marriott Logo (With griffins logo), super-imposed 3, and etc.

The number of course would increase with the number of stays.

Or maybe I'm not getting this badge thing.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

As SS proposed and as I have proposed in the past, two worthwhile badges: PLATINUM PREMIER and LIFETIME PLATINUM.

More than this will make each user post "look too busy." If more information is wishing to be captured and shared, put the kudos in a member's profile rather than aside every post. Someone wants cities, brands, years in MR, etc., then use the personal profile and let the MRI member choose what to make available for everyone to see. Let's not get crazy with all the badges on discussion pages, etc. or we'll all look like Marine Corp 30-year veteran's uniforms next to our names. Sempre Fi!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I like the idea of travel..ie. cities, countries, etc. sort of like the old station wagons we'd see driving down the PA Turnpike with a back bumper full of bumper stickers.

freefallon Platinum

I would add some Pictures of prominent landmarks for different cities

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I like the idea of recognition of life time platinum as it shows longevity in the program.

I also like the idea of showing continents, countries, states/provinces/counties, cities as well as countrs of properties.

Currently I track continents, countries, states/provinces/countries in a spreadsheet.

I have always wanted to add properties as well, but don't have a full list of them.  I suspect to do this, it might also require the cities too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...