3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 3:02 PM by abbyar RSS

The Adirondaks

sanchez12 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The absolute best place to go in the fall would be the Adirondak region of New York.  My wife and I visited Lake Placid right at the peak of leaf season and had a fantastic time.  We climbed Whiteface Mountain for an excellent view of the valley and had a wonderful experience in the many restaurants and shops around town.  I would highly recommend.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Adirondacks, New York, USA
  • Re: The Adirondaks
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sounds like a good place tgo visit...Did you stay at any Marriots during this trip?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

sanchez12,

I took a long weekend to Lake Placid when I lived in upstate NY and loved it.  It was beautiful being able to kayak on Mirror Lake as the sun rises and I thought the downtown area was quaint.  The location of the Marriott property is not ideal (a short walk from downtown rather than actually downtown) but still nice.  I wish more Marriott properties were located in quaint small tourist towns.

abbyar Member

I've been trying to book the Courtyard Lake Placid for the 2nd week in January - not low  season by any means, but not peak either. I can only book a 2 night minimum unfortuantely, so we won't be able to make the trip. Sad that Marriott requires this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...