6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 8:23 AM by anadyr RSS

Everybody/s doing it these days...

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No, not getting ready for the World Series (Giants are out of it anyway) or heading to the best table at the Spaten Tent at Munich's Oktoberfest (which is almost over anyway), but getting on the Social Networking/Facebook bandwagon: See below--an email I got today.

wsj facebook.jpg

As many of long time readers of the WSJ know the end was near when color photos replaced those wonderful Seurat-like black and white renderings of people.  Of course being published on Saturday and then in a smaller format too.

GS.jpg

So, to paraphrase, it's no longer Sunday's in the Park with George!  Everyone it seems is running ahead of the steam roller of Facebook and Social Media, for better or worse.

Whether we play or do not it's here

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Everybody/s doing it these days...
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes..Facebook and Social Media are here to stay..It will be interesting when Facebook goes public..I would love to be able to get the initial listing price. With you connections, you should be able to get in on the initial offering because that stock will take off when it goes public..Can you get me a few shares?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Sure , send  the money and I will buy you some (Not really). Daughter of a friend went to Harvard with Mark Z, during the  creation of "The Facebook" as it was first known.  Ethically (Sarbanes/Oxley) that means I should not buy any shares right?  Actually m,y broker has it on my buy list if and when

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Not sure this "Social Media", is really here to stay!  Not for me anyway, with all due respect it is too much!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

No question the Facebookers, Tweeters, Linked-Iners, et al are making their mark. It is a connected world we live in. What will it be 2,5, or 10 years from now? I remember when everybody said the calculator was a fad. I still like those old transistor radios though.....

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

These social sites are primarily driven and with most activity by folks who have nothing better to do. Yes, I have a FaceBook account but have posted only twice in the last 36 months - when I change venues between client engagements, I will post that info. Otherwise, I simply do not have the time. The MRI already takes too much time, but I'm addicted.

Just wish it was a simpler way to get things done--the comments of the first few days tell me that teh site is unnecessarily cumbersome and Byzantine in design.  Whatever happened to the notion that the best road to get somewhere was by a straight line?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...