7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2012 11:30 PM by theseeker888 RSS

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If I had no cares, and time and money, I think besides Paris, my next favorite spots would be China and Thailand.  I traveled in the Philippines, Japan, and Korea while I was in the military and got enough appetite that I would love to trip around parts of Asia for an extended trip.  What can anyone share about staying at the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hong Kong, China Marriott Hotels & Resorts Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I would be interested in feedback on the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott (one mile from the airport) since I will be staying there overnight on January 30, 2012 on my way to Brisbane, Australia.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

We were considering a longer stay there in the future, and it looks nice, but I was wondering why it is only a Category 4.  We may look at using some points for staying since that seems like a good value on cashing in points versus the cost of the rooms.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Never been to the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott, but the JW in Hong Kong is fantastic! It is a beautiful hotel, amazing views, excellent customer service, and in a great location. Now, I must add that it has been some years since we were there, but I would check it out, if that could be an option for you.

floriande Gold

Hi, I've been combining a stay at the JW HKG Island with the Marriott Skycity during my last trip to Hong Kong last year - which seemed to me as a good idea. The Marriott Skycity is a good hotel with a nice executive lounge and solid rooms, staff service good. It's generally inferior to the JW on HKG Island, but also markedly cheaper. The location (SkyCity) is fine for sightseeing on Lantau Island, like the Big Buddha (cable way or bus station to go there just a short trip taxi or shuttle trip away from the hotel) and Hong Kong Disneyland. Lantau also comes with also with some nice scenery and beaches. I wouldn't choose it as a hotel for sightseeing in Hong Kong (Kowloon, Central) itself.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpeg9.jpg

theseeker888 Platinum

I have just recently stop by at this location.  I went on a Marriott Properties Hop staying at about 5 properties in about 3.5 weeks.  I have to say of all my visits to all other properties by far the excellence in Customer Service at this particular location exceed all others.  The treatment that I got for my plat status is unbelievable is all I can say.  The cost vs the treatment is well worth it I think.  I got a free "car ride" from the airport right to the hotel front door (Free no extra charge).  After arriving at the hotel the Front Desk Manager is waiting right in front of the hotel entrance greeting me and my family and my bags is all tagged and put aside.  I was then brought right up to the executive level to register and drinks are offered while they process my check in. In terms of breakfast buffet their offering is great with so much variety I have been there for 3 days and I could not tried out everything (well I keep eating too much of the things I like hehe). The evening snack that they offered is pretty good too or you can order from the executive lounge a la carte from a restaurant below.  I got an excellent room with a great view on the executive level by the way.  Also because of my first time visit I got a "welcome gift".  A very nice Marriott Wallet.  In terms of checkout they let me checkout till 4pm when its time for me to go.  On top of that because HK was my layover  country to return back to Canada after my visit to Malaysia, Thai, Singapore and China they allow me to check 2 of my bags (full from shopping in HK thanks to my wife ) in the hotel. When I am done with my trip getting ready to return to Canada I just need to present my ticket to the concierge at the HK Airport and within literally 15mins the bags was taken out from the hotel and deliver to me at the airport.  I am not sure if I can ask for more in terms of service.  Also they provide shuttle to the subway which you can take to almost anywhere you need to go for a visitor at least.  The whole trip experience that I got from this hotel is just unbelievable !!  So if you are a plat member (Not sure for other levels) you should definitely checkout this location !!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Thanx Seeker for a wonderful report!

Makes me want to return to Hong Kong as I have not been there in years, and when I was it was all pre-Marriott.

Sound like fun, Marriott hopping across Asia :=)

theseeker888 Platinum

'

Yes when I decide where to connect I will definitely do it in HK now .  It was fun minus the flights I too to many flights too short of time but the Air China lounge in Beijing is not too bad you should check that out if you can too !