4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 10:40 PM by franke RSS

CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are getting ready to go back to the Casa Magna this year, and had read that they were going to do some rennovations (such as upgrading some of the rooms and pool tile replacements, etc).  Has anyone been there in the last few months that has seen if things have been upgraded a little or not?  I attached a video from our balcony last year in case anyone else is trying to see what that resort is like.  Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Marriott Hotels & Resorts CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
  • Re: CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I enjoyed the Video...Looks Like a Place I should consider going to. My only concern is the safety now in Mexico.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I glad you liked the video.  This will be our 3rd year going there and we love the area and always feel totally safe there. 

If you decide to go there, around January or February they start advertising some Sand Dollar specials that have an included breakfast for 2 and every 4th night is free.  This is usually offer for stays during the later part of the summer (low time for them) till about November 1.  So if you book 12 days, you will only pay for 9 at checkout time.  This year they dropped the rates 2 different times during the summer after we had our reservations for the last part of October, trying to get people to go, and we were able to change to the lower rate both times.  After the second drop in rates, we ended up with a rate of $119 per day, got upgraded to an ocean view, and a $100 resort credit.  When you add in the free days they credit you at checkout, the rate averages out at $89.33 per day.  Now if you were paying for the breakfast for 2, it would get billed at I believe $54 (which is a great breakfast, but I probably wouldn't eat and pay that outright since you can eat very well outside for a lot less), so if you were to deduct that cost, the room costs $35.33 per day.  Now minus the $100 credit, and the room is costing about $27 per day. 

This is they way to go luxurious at a super bargain.  Watch for that after the beginning of next year and you will not regret it!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks. I will definately look into this..Sounds like a great bargain.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

have not been there since 2008. but can't imagine it not being great.was one of our best trips.