6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2016 7:24 AM by taniaagni RSS

Destinations Discussion Board

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone else find it to be a pain that if you try to post in the "Destinations" section of the discussion boards it requires you to enter in a location?  Not that you could not just input any location, but if you wanted to post for example: "Best Marriott in Florida" soliciting suggestions for the best hotel in the whole state, you would be required to input a specific location.  Can entering a location be made optional?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Destinations Discussion Board
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes..I noticed that also but did not find it a major time consuming effort to put in a location. However, it would be better if they made location optional.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Jarrett, that's a good question. The location tag is actually an optional tag everywhere on the site except within the Destination topic itself. Although the location tag is required in this section, you can add a broad tag like "Florida", "Gulf States", etc. as long as these tags accurately reflect your post.

To add general tags like "Best Marriott in Florida," type them into the text field where it says Tags. Be sure to use an underscore (_) wherever you would have a space. So your example would be Best_Marriott_in_Florida. Hope this helps.

Jarrett, I'd like to clarify the tags further if you don't mind. If post are about a specific property or multiple properties, we're encouraging everyone to please add the property-specific location tags. It's a 3-step process that's synchronized with our database to make sure Insiders can accurately tag properties by name, brand, and location.

1. type the city and/or state of that property in the Location text field
      2. Don't immediately click "Add" and you'll notice a list will appear of matching locations with Marriott properties. Simply click the appropriate location for your post
      3. you can then chose to add the precise brand and property name as well

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Andrew,

Thank you for the clarification.  Will the posts then be searchable?  For example, if I searched Frenchman's Reef would any post where someone tagged that as the location appear in the search results?

Thanks

Absolutely, tags can be searched. And when you search, you can even click the "add filter" button, select filter by location, and see results based upon the actual location tags which is pretty cool. So please don't be shy about adding the actual location and property tags to posts.

taniaagni Member

i Also has Similar Problem while finding replacement . as you know in T20 WC 2016 Pakistani Teams matches have beem moved to KolKalta . So my Hotel is not Giving my money back

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links