Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2011 1:35 AM by tef6178 RSS

Help!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am receiving all these postings as e-mails on my home e-mail account? How do I stop them??? Don't know if this will post, but I'm giving it a shot. Thanks for any response help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help!

OK, I can answer my own question. Playing with the site, I noticed a 'Preferences' tab in the drop down menu next to my icon. When I clicked on it, up came all these 'we'll send an e-mail to you' for all these things. All were tabbed as 'YES' to sending the e-mail for the posting. I checked them all to 'NO'. Don't know how all this came to be, but the old setup never sent me an e-mail unless I asked for it or someone sent me a private message.

I think someone should have asked before checking me off to receive tons of new e-mails I didn't ask for.......just my thought.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Agreed.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

When the MRI team converted our accounts, all of these settings were defaulted to be "On." I never had e-mail turned "on" in the old V2 system, so when I started getting 25+ e-mails daily, I went HUH? Then, like you, I found the preferences and shut everything off.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Glad you figured it out...If others have the same problem, they should easily fix the problem.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

UPDATE: two methods in which to set email notifications.

1) Select the individual types of notifications and turn each off one-by-one:

email individual settings.gif

2) Turn off all email notifications with a single click:

email global setting.gif

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for sharing this with us!

• Help!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Buried somewhere on the site is a way to adjust your settings for privacy.  AS I recall you can check your name and then it's one of the adjustments you can make. I was getting a ton but now I have it reduced to just getting notification of Private Messages.

• Help!
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Forgot to mention that if your email is with Gmail you can filter messages to have them go to trash, to a folder you create, or be archived.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tef,

Did you get it figured out?

I left mine "On" so I could really tell when I had some communication from other MI's!

Jerry:

I did. If you look above at my posting......the second one where I answered my own question in a post so all could see how to shut off all the e-mail chatter. It worked!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...