24 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 1:58 AM by anadyr RSS

How to have username instead of full name show in posts?

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know how to have your username show in posts rather than your full first and last name?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to have username instead of full name show in posts?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I believe your name only shows to you but to others only your user name shows.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Name preferences are under each member's user profile. Navigate as shown and make the settings to your liking.

Personal Settings.gif

Privacy Settings.gif

EVERYONE - taken literally, everyone can see your real name.

JOINED USERS - not sure the difference between this and everyone?

CONNECTIONS - name available to all the MRI members with whom you made a personal connection.

YOURSELF - essentially shuts off revealing your real name to anyone.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Pingreeman is the man..Thanks for your expertise in helping us insiders that are not so computer savey!!!!

• How to have username instead of full name show in posts?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Allegedly (and I say that with caution) what you see on your own page is different than what others see. Seems that the designers decided to have a non-mirror image of the poster--one for personal use and another for general use. Check out your profile and see what you'd like to have others see.

The site is confusing enough and in the few says it's been up I've been (insert real name here) and Stepping Stones depending on the time of day.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree!  For the most part, except once in a while to reply to an email I am not even going to the site -- I'm just reading what people have written in the emails I'm getting.

ProfChiara

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Would someone mind going into the "Browse" section and seeing for this discussion how my name appears?  Is it my full name or my username?  Much thanks

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Your user name appears to me as jakeal.

You are listed as Jarrett Kealey on my Firefox browser

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Oh my, not good. I put in Lakeshore for both my first and last name, because it freaked me out when I saw my full name appear, even after adjusting the settings.  I thought I was being paranoid, but perhaps not.

There is a box to have your profile seen as others do--have you checked that oine? I did and it confirmed that my user name was what others see

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SS - just for clarity, the Preview your profile which is way off to the right side of the window in Privacy Settings Personal Profile page has no control over the name shown on posts. This only controls what can be seen about someone regarding a members interests, hometown, etc. and is nearly identical to what we could read about other members in V2 of the MRI.

To control what name can be seen on posts, the MRI member MUST use the Name setting in the Privacy Settings. Some may have toggled the setting but forgot to SAVE, so to make this change WITHOUT A SAVE will not take affect.

Profile.gifPrivacy Settings.gifSave Privacy Settings.gif

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I am using Chrome for browsing and don't see real names now.  I took this same discussion and went and looked at the page via Firefox, just to do a little testing, and still see only user names and not real names.  Maybe everything is working after everyone made their changes and saved them.  Makes me feel a little better now.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Interesting that when you first log into the new MRI website you get the standard legalese that includes reminding you to not share personal information.  But then the default privacy setting was "everyone" for most options.   LOL  

You are still showing as Jarrett Kealey..... perhaps because this is an existing thread?  Maybe try starting a new thread after you saved the privacy changes.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have followed this discussion and admit I am not convinced that the website works when checking the button so that my full name can only be seen by me. To make profile, etc. changes we have to put in a first and last name for the system to allow changes.

I did that today and saw my postings come online with my full name. Now, that may only have been visible to me, but with the lack of clarity in what is really showing up, I returned to the change page and put in tef as my first name and 6178 as my last name, so no matter which default they choose it will show as tef6178.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Testing, 1 2 3, testing....what is my name to all of you?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...