8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 7:03 PM by ahubal RSS

Frustration gets the better of me

srcv67 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

First time MRI poster - long time MRI surfer.  I've always been a perimeter player when it comes to MRI.  I enjoy checking in from time to time to see what other Marriott devotees are saying.  All that changed last week when Marriott made drastic overhauls to both their reservations page and the MRI page.

Here's a note I sent to customer support via the reservations page (the hotel referenced was the Baltimore Camden Yards property).

The newly redesigned website is terrible.  I'm completely frustrated with the number of click throughs required to obtain the information I could previously find with one click.  I don't have the time to invest in learning a completely overhauled website.  I think my time is valuable.  Marriott however may not agree.  Additionally, the Marriott Rewards Insiders redesign is even more frustrating than the reservations page.

I just compared the Hilton website and I have to admit I reserved a room at the Hilton Eden Prairie (using my newly minted Hilton Honors account number) and I'm canceling my reservation at the Minneapolis Marriott.  I would cancel next weeks reservation at the Renaissance St Louis however I have a breakfast meeting scheduled at the hotel and to be perfectly honest I don’t have time to change the location.

I probably wouldn't be so passionate about my dissatisfaction if I didn’t just come off 5 of the worst nights in a Marriott property in all my 13 years as a Marriott brand devotee.  From the minute I checked in until my check out this morning I felt as if I were imposing on the staff....not one smile from any staff member all week - no acknowledgment of my Elite status upon check in (not a big deal but it was the first time ever in all my years that someone didn't thank me for being an elite guest) – no room availability on the concierge level (again not a big deal but one of the members in my group who is Gold was given a room on the concierge level…Platinum Premier = no availability….Gold = availability…doesn’t quite make sense to me) - a grunt from the staff member that delivered room service my first night…and the list goes on.  If I’m going to be treated as non-elite then I could very easily spend my $20,000+ per year at a different brand.

Looking forward to a response.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frustration gets the better of me
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Keep us posted.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I Must admit I am having a lot of difficulty figuring out this site. Not very user friendly and hard to navigate..Hopefully the scavenger hunt will help me understand this site better.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I've found switching to detail view (three horizontal lines in the upper right) instead of thumbnail (four squares) helps me a little bit. I wish there was a way to save that as a preference.

Edit: My mistake...I guess it does remember your preference as long as you are signed in.

I got an interesting reply back when I tried to post a question.

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/post!input.jspa?container=2008&containerType=14

No wonder I am having problem with this site..Very frustrating.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Am I missing something jasper? The link leads to a blank slate.

I think the problem has been fixed so now I can post a question!!!

ahubal Platinum 10 Reviews

The new site design is very difficult to navigate. I am not a big fan. Once I am logged in I would expect to see my platinum number on every page for ease of use.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...