Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 7:54 PM by kimbuys RSS

Intiuitive web design

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The problem as I see it (among many) with this new MRI site is that it is not intuitive, in fact it seems counter-intuitive!   What I mean is that the places we think we will be taken are needlessly many clicks away, when one click might do just as well.

I suppose there are some at Marriott who labored long and hard for this site, but whatever input from ordinary users was apparently scant or nonexistent.

I'd love to see a revision to this site that makes it more user-friendly:  let us design where we want to go, get rid of these cute but unnecessary categories of posting, tell me what the difference is between activity, communications and alerts is, make the search engine truly a search engine, drop the scorecard for most frequent posters, and on and on.

Let us transition to a site that actually works for us all.  In the words and drawings of Gary Larson, creator of The Far Side, where an elephant is shown looking at a piano keyboard (forgetting that the keys are made of ivory of course) and saying, "who designed this thing?"  We're in that space right now--we want to play but the keys are all wrong!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Intiuitive web design
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

I agree...well said! I hope we can 'navigate' to changes that allow for easier use as it (the new site) progresses.

On another matter, I'm not sure if private messages work on the new site...as, I sent you a private message asking about the restaurant you posted about in Palm Desert (with the concrete floor I commented about) that you liked. Couldn't remember if it was on El Paseo or wherever. I'm here in the desert and wanted to try it out if you could remember the name.....thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It was Zin Bistro on Palm Canyon in Palm Springs.  Your personal message got thru but my reply apparently did not!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

i could not improve on your post if my life depended on it.  thank you for speaking on many of our behalf.  you nailed it my friend!

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I couldn't agree more.  Those of us who have busy days need a website with a design that facilitates checking on the status of different items with regard to our account without 15 different clicks.  The other thing is, and I don't want to be cynical, but what could be the benefit to Marriott in actually removing information which we follow regularly, e.g., all of our reservations, all of our cancellations, the number of total MR nights we have accrued?  Generally speaking it is a principle that web designers for big corporations try to make the website one which will eliminate some of the "person time" of the corporation by putting info out that can cut down on telelphone calls.  This site is just the opposite!!

Specifically, please bring back the following:

1) the ability for the MR members to see all reservations at once, not three at a time;

2) the ability for the MR member to see all canceled reservations;

3) the tracking of the total number of member-accrued nights stayed;

4) the tracking of all the nights stayed, all together so the history is clear when the MR member looks at it.  If the MR member wants to go month-by-month, that's fine, but many of us want to look at the history of all our stays at one time.

TO THE MARRIOTT REWARDS MONITOR:  MAY I PLEASE RECEIVE A RESPONE TO THIS REQUEST?

Dr. James Anderson

kimbuys Gold 5 Reviews

I do not like the new MR website at all.  Just give me a pending reservations table that shows; Check in Check Out date, Hotel Name, City, State, Country.  Let me click on them one at a time to see the reservation details, cancel, or modify reservation. I have several reservations pending right now, and thjis new layout is driving me crazy.  Not at all user friendly.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow..What a disastor this site is...Hoping to learn more about this site during the scavenger hunt, but am very sketical. As posted elsewhere, when I tried to post a question, I got the following response:

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/post!input.jspa?container=2008&containerType=14

I am totally confused on how to navigate this site...Hope it gets better after the scavenger hunt..I feel sorry for those that do not have the time to figure this site out!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Jasper100, did you click on the link "Let us know if you have questions or suggestions" from the home page? By clicking this link, users can automatically post questions or suggestions within the Community Suggestions topic area. This is the section of the site devoted to suggestions for improving the site.

Alternatively, Insiders can access the Community Suggestions Topic itself, by clicking "suggestions" within the Quick Links. And to post a question here, you would click Create, select Discussion, and type "Community Suggestions" in the box that asks "where would you like to start your discussion."

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes..I am still learning and trying to navigate the new site...I think I finally figured it out and was able to post a question..Thanks for you fast feedback on this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...