3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 7:55 PM by jasper100 RSS

BONUS POINTS NOT POSTING

kimbuys Gold 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I travel nine states for my job search  and review Marriott Rewards Offers for the best prices and/or deals including "bonus points".  This will often help when choosing which Marriott to stay at if more than one is convenient to my business plans.  While my base points and silver elite bonus points and Marriott Visa points show right away, I have found that the individual bonus points promised and reflected on my reservation are not showing up.  I feel like I need to start a spreadsheet to track these bonus points and check on them to make sure I get them, but I should not have to do their job for them.
Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: BONUS POINTS NOT POSTING
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

You need to give some time for all points to be registered in your account..Usually 10 days. If at that point they are not posted, then you should contact customer care to resolve the issue..This may mean sending in a copy of your Marriott Statement so that these points can get posted to your account. Marriott is very fair about making sure their customers get the points they have earned and will work with you to ensure correctness.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kimbuys Gold 5 Reviews

Thanks.It's been a couple of months. The base points and elite bonus points are there.  Just not the special bonus points for the rate plan I booked that shows on the reservation.  Not sure why I would need to send in my statement as they fact that the other points fo rthe same stay are posted.  I guess I will have to go back and do the research and find a way to track this.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Unfortunately, you will have to provide Marriott evidence that you are entitled to the bonus points. Although the Marriott is generally pretty good at getting the appropriate points posted, but every now and again they do make unintended mistakes. And yes like many of us, you do need to reconcile your statement with the points you should get to ensure you get every point you are entitled to. Sorry you have been inconvenienced by this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...