Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 10:27 AM by jasper100 RSS

The New Site

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As you all know, I started out full of optimism when I saw the original ideas for the new site.  And I still like the account part, unlike many of you.  But after my frustrating experiences today, where I can't find anything and all the communities are gone, I may give up.  As I believe many kids say to their parents, TMI! All of that makes it harder to find anything we care about.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The New Site
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

ProfChiara:

I agree totally. This site has been designed for the 'tech junkie' who loves gadgeting around. I got on yesterday and after about five minutes just signed off. Is there a directive that gives some help for those who aren't tech co-ordinated (spelled, the older crowd)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi TEF,

I totally agree, and I'm logging out almost immediately after I respond to a post.  It takes too much time, which I don't have. I There is a getting started section, but having to navigate the site while trying to read the section was impossible.  There's too much there.

ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Every time I think I have this figured out I don't really.  Now I am not logged in automatically when logged into Marriott's site (sigh!).  Mayeb Tom Brady can adjust to defenses while shredding them on Sundays but I cannot!!!  The new site will definitely take some getting used to and most of us will be lost for a while.

I wrote elsewhere (I hope) hat the instruction manual for this "upgrade" is either missing or hidden or both.  At least I have seen some posts from others, but for a time had an inbox full of one line messages that someone had done something before I turned them all off (that took 30 minutes of searching to discover how).

Maybe the best is to allow the dust to settle, and hope that someone is listening to these complaints and concerns?

superchief1 Platinum

I'm pretty frustrated as well. I participated in an online focus group regarding the previous disastrous changes to Insiders and am very disappointed that none of our suggestions are incorporated in the new 'Insiders'.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

count me in on the "frustrated" part.  I do feel disconnected and lost.  I cannot figure out the navigation and don't have lots of time to devote to learning.  I cannot imagine that the site was developed with a difficulty factor of 10.  Anyway, I think ss has a good idea and I think I will back off a while and let the dust settle.  see you all in a while......

gloabtrotter Platinum

A few days before this new Insiders site was 'relaunched', there was a discussion thread of how dissatisfied people were with the new Marriott Rewards reservation website.  I can no longer find that thread.  It was presumably 'lost' in the 'relaunch' of the Insiders site.  Yet threads going back to early 2011 announcing Marriott's virtues remain.  Interesting - if you don't like negative feedback, then just delete it!

negkay Gold 1 Reviews

I agree, the new format is miserable and I have a lot of computer experience.

I liked to be able to print my full page of reservations.  That feature seems to no longer be available.

Not at all user friendly. Also no history of how they applied my free night certificates or used my points.

I find that I have to check my points after each stay as there is ALWAYS an error in each trip that I have taken.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

negkay

totally agree.  I keep fiddling around each day and I find stuff that I hadn't found the day before.  that's the good news, the bad news is that I cannot remember how I got somewhere for future use.  It's a real pain, and, it is taking too much of my time to explore.  not user friendly.

Same here.  I thought I had found a useful link yesterday but can't remember where it was. 

gloabtrotter Platinum

Pingreeman - Thank you for locating that thread.  I must apologize to Marriott for falsely accusing them of deleting negative feedback.  I do not however apologize for my contempt of the new site:)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

All of you are making me feel so much better. I agree with all of the concerns/criticisms expressed by each of you. I just got back from a trip to Hattiesburg, MS and was going to post some positive comments about the Courtyard there, but can't find where to do it. I consider myself fairly open to change, and fairly literate in terms of computer matters and website navigation, but to a large degree, this new Insiders has me stumped. Perhaps Marriott should schedule a "Get Acquainted With The New Insiders Site" course and offer those who successfully complete it a gazillion points. I don't think that they will have to offer many people that number of points because, frankly, I'm not sure anyone will be able to successfully complete it!

nhtraveler

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

This site is as frustrating as any site I have ever worked on...I tried to post a questions and got the following response:

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/post!input.jspa?container=2008&containerType=14

Obviously, I don't know how to post a question. Guess I am just dumb!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links