13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2011 1:25 PM by profchiara RSS

how do I find the groups of topics with threads attached?????  I'm lost......

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot find ANY posts (other than one from ss and one from Versel).  I feel lost and afraid.......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: how do I find the groups of topics with threads attached?????  I'm lost......
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Hey shoeman - Pingreeman here! No need to fret, yet!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• how do I find the groups of topics with threads attached?????  I'm lost......
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

pingreeman

thanks for the HOPE. 

• Re: how do I find the groups of topics with threads attached?????  I'm lost......
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

All I can say is.....WOW! Very, very confusing........what have you done, Marriott????

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

I thought I would try again today, as I admitedly was feeling grumpy and had limited time yesterday.  However, I am not finding this user friendly at all, even after a grande cup uf coffee and kids sleeping in the car as we drive home from this little trip. I was first going to try steppingstones poll again, but I can't even find it. Too frustrating. I hope that Marriott is truly taking our comments to heart.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Agreed on both points, Shoeman and Lakeshore.  And when you go to Activity, it's almost all new members listing without content.  I just don't have the time the new website requires, except responding to virtual friends.  What's sad -- and I think this was discussed after the famous April change of the website a couple of years ago -- is that it seems to be fragmenting a community where people 'knew' each other.  Now unless we post something like this we can't find each other.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thank you for approaching the evolving community with an open mind. Would it be helpful if I host a webinar to walk Insiders through the site and new features? Also let us know if you have suggestions for the site or questions to include in the FAQ's.

shoeman1000, you may have already seen this faq, but you can find a list of the different The specified item was not found.in the Quick Links on the homepage and on overview pages throughout the site. Within each topic, you'll default to an overview of the conversations and contributors participating specifically within that topic. If you prefer to skip directly to the topic's questions and conversations directly, simply click on the "Content" link in the gray bar, or click "People" to browse the profile of other Insiders.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Dear Community Manager,

I am sorry, but I don't really think you are listening to what people are saying.  Time is precious to most of us, and I know that sometimes I only have five or ten minutes to log on and check out any replies to my posts, and also all of the other posts. The old site made that extremely easy, but this new site is a cluttered nightmare. As for time, I received the response link in my email, so I clicked on to make a response to you, but then I had to log in first, then I was redirected to te Marriott site, to which then I had to open insiders up again, and then when I  did what you wrote, a big cluttered mess came up, with so many options, and yet I could't find the thread I wanted for some time.  It has now been twenty minutes, and the kids are up, and my time is over. Instead of feeling like part of a great Marriott community, I feel like a frustrated idiot. Really, I could just scream right now!  Please remember that just  because something has all kinds of bells and whistles, doesn't mean that it serves it's people well. and, I am sorry, but I don't have time for tutorials. What you had before worked out nicely. Maybe a section could have been added for timeshares, but the format was great. Very user friendly. To make things more difficult doesn't make sense. And, yes, perhaps it would be easy for a computer whiz, but from the responses you are getting from loyal, caring customers who travel all over the world and choose to stay at your brand is not good. Please hear us!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Great reply to the CM.

I think the problem with this site is that it was designed to be more like a FaceBook and less as as a "an online community devoted to exploring the experience of travel." In doing some research on jive (the application behind MRI), most of their promotional materials allude to the interlinking with social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.  and IMO, that's one of the drivers behind the look and feel of the new MRI. Additional support for my opinion follows a previous post of mine: http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/message/18139#18139

I took the phone survey and much of the questions were around the use of the site with an underlying theme to drive a younger generation to Marriott via social networks. Thus, I believe the site was refurbished not so much toward the intent of the current MRI users but more towards the potential users (the "younger generation of Facebook and Twitter users"). For them to see this site for the first time is probably NOT going to be too much of shock and awe as it is to us MRI loyalists who have experienced the other two versions.

As a result, we have this very "geeky and unwieldy" MRI version 3.

Pingreeman:

I think you are 1000% correct. The geekers are 'lovin' this' bigtime while the 'geezers' like me are just frustrated as heck. I, for one, really enjoyed the knowledge bank of information that informed travelers would post. I am now afraid that we will be frustratingly shortchanged with being able to find, or follow, continued postings that informed, excited, or created a sense of 'I'd like to go there' in a post. Bummer.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Pingreeman, you got it exactly right.  I don't use facebook, so I can't compare the sites, but it absolutely seems that this is designed for a younger audience.

ProfChiara

Lakeshore:

Very, very well said......thanks for posting the frustration that I am sure so many feel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...