7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 10:41 AM by jasper100 RSS

Does anyone think the New My Account is good

rwthib Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The new My Account has to be the worse "upgrade" I have ever seen.

Not commenting about the look, but the loss of functionality.

I assume that Marriott now wants me to only make three reservation with them, since that is all I can see.

Information on reservation that was either easily presented or one click away is not 5-7 click.

Loss of lifetime information.

Have to hunt to find certificates.

Loss of cancel information

The list goes on and on...

I never called Customer Service before other than real needs.

Now I find I am talking to them to find out routine information I used to be able to get for myself.

If the goal was to increase the number of calls to customer service and make it more difficult for frequent travelers to work with Marriott, then this was a success.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Does anyone think the New My Account is good
    bigmrm Platinum

There's another section for the new "My Account". But I agree with you -- it's terrible. What could Marriott possibly have been thinking?!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does anyone think the New My Account is good
      bward65 Platinum

I'm with you both.  Tried looking at my future resevations to make sure I didn't miss a night in my coming trips and have to click on every location to see the days.  The previous page showing all my reservastions with details was great.  This one is cumbersome and time consuming. 

govflygirl Platinum

I agree.  I miss the extra info that was on the old site showing account history.  New and improved it's not!!

keystone78 Platinum

Oh, Thank you!  I thought it was me and didn't know where to look for the lifetime information! 

I can not believe Marriott thinks this is an upgrade.  Whoever talked the powers that be into this new format should be fired!

rwthib Platinum

It get's better.

Asked Customer Service where the Canceled Reservations went (Right now I am showing 100+ nights this year, so since I travel often I often have my plans change often).

The brilliant answer - It gone from the we site, but you can always go check you old e-mail.

It appears that the powers that be are trying to drive frequent Travelers away.

I have already re-qualified for Plat this year, so maybe might try the others.

Marriott needs to step up and admit they made a mistake.

All I have seen is Marketing cr*p that this is wonderful.

Seems that this is a sign that Marriott has lost it's ability to listen to customers or meet there needs.

I know it is just a website, but this shows a lack of mgmt that may soon trickle all the way down the product.

bigmrm Platinum

rwthib says:

Seems that this is a sign that Marriott has lost it's ability to listen to customers or meet there needs.

I know it is just a website, but this shows a lack of mgmt that may soon trickle all the way down the product.

It's not only the "My account "page. Recently I found myself without usable high-speed internet due to storms. I reverted to a dialup connection, only to find the Marriott site unusable. That ridiculous marketing-driven home page which preceded the ridiculous marketing-driven "my account" page is such a bandwidth hog that I received "timed out" messages before everything was loaded. Most sites have a low-bandwidth option, apparently not Marriott (the mobile site did not give me what I wanted -- I tried that too).

But in my opinion, it already has trickled down past the website. Last month I read some conflicting information about which nights qualify toward lifetime status. So, I sent a question via e-mail. I received an answer which didn't answer my question. I tried again. Same result. And again. So, after 3 strikeouts I finally asked to have the question forwarded to a supervisor. And from the supervisor I got no answer whatsoever, not even an acknowledgement. After waiting a full month for the supervisor to answer I forwarded the question once again. I'm STILL waiting. I guess this is the new improved Marriott Elite service to go along with the new improved website. Can't wait to see how Marriott Rewards will be improved next!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Like others, I do not understand why Marriott did not test the new "insiders" with current power users prior to implementing. Obviously, they were not that interested in "insiders" views and were determined to implement the new system one way or the other. I am sure they feel the "fire storm" will settle and that time will heal the woulds. I don't think so but we shall see.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...