0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 3:08 PM by NathalieF RSS

How do I manage my privacy settings?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Member+Name+Dropdown.png

Protecting your privacy is important, which is why we do not permit any personally identifiable information (account numbers, full names, addresses, reservation numbers credit card numbers, etc) within the community.

To manage your Insiders privacy settings, click the down arrow next to your name in the upper right and choose "Edit profile and privacy." This will bring up the Edit Profile form. To access your privacy settings, click on the Privacy Settings tab.

Please remember that your username is the one piece of information which will be shared with everyone (including guests.) By default, your real name is shared only with yourself, although you may share it more widely if you choose to do so.

Default Privacy Settings

faq-privacy-setting-selection.jpg

Each of the following profile fields marked with an asterisk (*) can be changed according to your individual preferences to only be visible by; Joined Users, Connections, Yourself or the default (Everyone). You may change the visibility of as many or as few of these profile fields as you wish and at any time. To make sure you've made the intended adjustments, be sure to preview your profile (see below).

Profile Field

Default Visibility
UsernameEveryone
NameYourself*
EmailYourself
HometownEveryone*
About MeEveryone*
My InterestsEveryone*
Rewards NumberYourself
Membership LevelYourself
GenderEveryone*
Age RangeEveryone*
My Kind of TravelEveryone*
Profile ImagesEveryone*
Member SinceEveryone*
Last Logged InEveryone*

Preview Your Privacy Settings

faq_privacy_preview.jpg

To verify your privacy settings are indeed set the way you'd like. use the preview your profile box on the right side of the privacy settings page. Use the dropdown menu to select different privacy configurations to preview your profile as those members will see it with your current settings. If you would like to make further changes, please do so and don't forget to click save.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)