17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 1:36 PM by laurac RSS

Where's the Marriott App for iPhone/iPad??

arteephotograp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have an app for my airline, I have an app for my business travel service, where's the Marriott app??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Where's the Marriott App for iPhone/iPad??
    joediver Platinum
    Technically Marriott Mobile is not an app. It is just a link to the mobile website. Personally, I always feel safer using an actual app created by the company (Marriott in this case). Seems like there is another layer of security that way.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where's the Marriott App for iPhone/iPad??
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I don't know if you have already seen it, but there is an iPhone app out on iTunes now (and Blackberry and Android apps are now available too).

ptomczik Platinum

I find most travel apps to be lacking, Marriott included.  I prefer TripTracker to replace all your travel apps.  It puts flights, hotel, and rental car all in one unified view.  I travel weekly and it's never let me down.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/triptracker-live-flight-status/id339489528?mt=8

tomagorn Silver

I have the Marriott app, which is an app not a link to a web page.  I got it by searching for Marriott in the App Store on my iPhone.  Hope this helps.  Cheers.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have not downloaded the Marriot App to my phone but plan to do it today..thanks.

I've been using it for a while, and it's OK.  Some of the things, like finding the photo gallery of a hotel take just a little more work, but are there if you look around.  I do notice that if you look on upcoming reservations, it may be blank, but if you store your rewards and sign in information on the phone, and then select the Rewards tab at the bottom, it will automatically sign you in, and then when you go back to reservations, the list is filled in.

Do you recommend downloading this app or do you think it is a waste of time??

I would get it, because it puts it at your fingertips when you want to see something.  I find that if I have both choices (iPhone or desktop) available, I will choose desktop, since it is easier and faster.  Nice things about the mobile version are that you can see what's already in place quickly, and you can stay signed in by just choosing the Rewards tab and it automatically signs you in again, based on the sign in information that you stored on your phone settings.

Alright, you convinced me..I will download the app today..thanks.

tomagorn Silver

Have you found any way to check in with MRI on the app?

Actually no.  In addition, I haven't even been successful on my browser on my iPhone either.  I will have to play with that part when I get some time.  On the browser, when I go to sign it, it takes me to the mobile page, which when I sign in, takes me to the mobile app.  Then I can't get to the browser from there.  If I go back to the browser and refresh at the screen where I was showing signed out, it takes me back to the mobile screen.  I will work on that more later, to see if I can find a work-around.

tomagorn Silver

There is an item under "more" in the app which takes you back to the full web page.  But that exits the app, which seems like the wrong direction.  Hope you can figure something out short of just using Safari to enter the main web site.

tomagorn Silver

Just got the latest update to the Marriott app--still doesn't include a way to link with MRI.  Anyone know how to get this discrepancy to the appropriate Marriott staff?

laurac Marriott Associate

tomagorn, just wanted to let you know that the right Marriott team is looking into this, and this link to MRI will be coming available.  I do not have details on the timeline, unfortunately, but we'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.

Regards,

Larua

laura,

As far as the iPhone is considered, the full website doesn't work well in the Safari Browser on the phone.  Some of the things in the pages don't show up (such as the Activity, Communications, and Alerts, etc..).  Any way they can look at the whole site and how it works on Mobile Platforms at the same time?

tomagorn Silver

Thanks, Laura.  Will be glad to hear when this is added.  I also agree with tryt53's comment about the Marriott web site not working well in Safari.  This may be more a problem with Safari than with the web site.  Or it may be a problem with the small size of the iPhone window.  In any event, it will be good to get as much functionality as possible wrapped into the app.  Cheers.

laurac Marriott Associate

Thanks, tryt53 and tomagorn - will do.  I'll make sure the team takes a look at this as well.

Laura

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...