3 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 4:11 PM by canucktrvlr RSS

Why is the internet so SLOW at your Fairfield in Charlotte

captdang Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
Why is the internet so SLOW at your Fairfield in Charlotte. I'm seeing 7.2kb/s which is slower than dial up. No business traveler can afford to stay in a hotel without HIGH SPEED internet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte , North Carolina, USA
  • A: Why is the internet so SLOW at your Fairfield in Charlotte
    kahunapremier Platinum
    Call the front desk and have them reset the router. Also, does it happen all day or at peak times? Marriott might have to purchase a better plan for that area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews
    Marriott has a lot of hotels with very slow internet. I know it costs money, but they need to address this as a major corporate issue. I don't know about other brands because I don't stay in them much, but as far as Marriott is concerned, this is indeed a major issue.

canucktrvlr Platinum 7 Reviews
    This is not a problem with Charlotte, it is worldwide and industry wide. I spend too many nights cursing at my computer because of the slow speeds provided by the hotels. My solution has been to walk my laptop to the nearest Starbucks and work from there for the things are are time sensitive. It is not just Marriott, it is everyone. I have complained to management, the "support" line and to anyone who will listen to no avail. I've begun looking at a wireless stick for my computer rather than taking advantage of the free internet at the hotels.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...