2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2011 4:18 PM by profchiara RSS

At the Brussels Marriott (near Grand Place) for the next 5 days on business.  any suggestions for good restaurants within a safe walk?

travelsteve Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

At the Brussels Marriott (near Grand Place) for the next 5 days on business. any suggestions for good restaurants within a safe walk? Just looking for good restaurants around the hotel, within walking distance, with an English menu

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brussels, Belgium
  • A: At the Brussels Marriott (near Grand Place) for the next 5 days on business.  any suggestions for good restaurants within a safe walk?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    La Roue d'Or - near Grand Place ReSource Vert de Gris La Quincaillerie - near the smart Place du Chatelain in the Ixelles district. Restaurant Row - Rue de Brucez (?) Le Rou de Espagne -Flemish beef stew is quite good Chez Leon Restaurant - Mussels and frites Le Pre Sale - One of the best, moules and frites La Belle Maraichere - Renowned seafood restaurant! Award winning, set in Flemish Renaissance gabled townhouse Les Crustaces - Shrine to the lobster! Popular w/ locals and tourists, 30 years in same family, it was very good... every table was occupied. La Maison du Cygne - Exquisite (very expensive) intro to Brussels. Elegant, romantic. French and Belgian influences w/ chef noted for Belgium beer sauces; located in the Grand Place Aux Armes de Bruxelles - Belgian institution, reliable cuisine and no-nonsense approach to food and customers. Been in family 80 years. Famous for Moules, unreservedly recommended I ate at Aux Armes de Bruxelles and Les Crustaces... can recommend both! I really wanted to get to La Maison du Cygne but ran out of time and wasn't hungry at lunch time after the breakfast in the CL.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: At the Brussels Marriott (near Grand Place) for the next 5 days on business.  any suggestions for good restaurants within a safe walk?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Besides NewHilton's suggestions (many of which I have enjoyed), consider going the opposite direction from the Grand' Place to St Catherine's Place. The street behind the church is lined on both sides with excellent restaurants and many of them get the best catch of the day for seafood. To me, Brussels is one of my very favorite cities in which to eat! ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...