3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2011 12:05 AM by zukracer RSS

Can any one give my wife and I suggestion on what to do and what to see in St. Kitts?  This is our first visit there and trying to make the most of my week there.  If you have resturant suggestions that would also be appreciated.

fishmandave Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Can any one give my wife and I suggestion on what to do and what to see in St. Kitts? This is our first visit there and trying to make the most of my week. If you have resturant suggestions that would also be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Kitts
  • A: Can any one give my wife and I suggestion on what to do and what to see in St. Kitts?  This is our first visit there and trying to make the most of my week there.  If you have resturant suggestions that would also be appreciated.
    lovinglife Platinum
    Took my family to St. Kitts in June 2009 and had a great time! We did the all inclusive option (not sure if that is still available) using points for entire stay, and it was well worth the additional points for all inclusive feature, as hotel meals and drinks are pricey and there aren't a lot of other options nearby. For activities, the pool and swim up bar is great, the beach is wonderful, snorkling at hotel beach is pretty good, walks on beach were nice with no crowds when we were there. Daughter and I snorkled with LOTS of fish and even came across a curious barracuda (excitement!). Several beaches at the south end of the island for quiet walks, snorkling, and of course an outdoor bar there too at Cockleshell Bay. Say hi to the huge pig that lives there, along with the pet monkey there. If you scuba dive, there are some pretty good spots on the west side of the island near shore, and a couple of dive shops 10 min taxi ride from the hotel. Take a ferry to Nevis for the day. We took a taxi van up the hill 15 miles or so for lunch at the Golden Rock Plantation resturant. Very casual indoor or outdoor eating, but nice and relaxing and pretty good view. After lunch, take the trail at the cafe and look for monkeys in the forest. Taxi was cheap cheap and the driver did a great job of providing a great tour and description of everything along the way. Nice farmer's market at the ferry dock while you're waiting to board your ferry back. I hear the golfing is good at the Four Seasons on Nevis, but was closed due to prior hurrican damage when we were there. Back on St. Kitts, take the zip line tour. Fun and easy, but lots of fun zip lining through the jungle, and a couple of great ocean views way above the canopy. Other than that, St. Kitts is a place for relaxing. There are some on-the-beach bar shacks almost walking distance from the Marriott (I would take a cab), but definitely nothing fancy. It's all about relaxing around the fire on the beach and enjoying the rum. I'd love to go again and every 3 or 4 months my 16 and 10 year old ask me when we're going back. They had a blast. Have fun! Oh by the way, the turtle photo above was taken in St. Kitts on day 2 of a dive trip. Had a blast.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Can any one give my wife and I suggestion on what to do and what to see in St. Kitts?  This is our first visit there and trying to make the most of my week there.  If you have resturant suggestions that would also be appreciated.
    50holding Platinum
    We spent 8 days in St Kitts in January. We enjoyed Brimstone hill (Fort George) great views and Carabelle Batik (nice flora). Our favourite beaches were Cockleshell Bay and Shipwreck (got good pictures of the monkeys and great swimming and snorkelling) We enjoyed the food and the view at Marshals (close to Marriott, ask concierge) Also Marriott's Blu restaurant has a Monday night lobster special (very good) Have a great time, we would go back in a minute!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Have a look in the forums, there are a number of topics about that property and things to see/do there :) Have fun, its a great place

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...