6 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 10:13 PM by randomname RSS

Restaurant recommendations for downtown Philly?

yunicorner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone have restaurant recommendations for downtown Philly? I'm staying in various Marriotts in the city center and I'd like to be able to walk to the restaurants. I prefer no chains unless it is a Philly-only chain. And I am already planning a stop at Pat's and Geno's so no need to recommend them. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
  • A: Restaurant recommendations for downtown Philly?
    kahunapremier Platinum
    The Prime Rib located in the Radison Hotel. Most tender prime rib I have ever had. You will see many "black" AMEX cards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

valerie Member
    The Oyster House on Sansom Street is really good! http://oysterhousephilly.com/ Try the pear martini if you like pears - it's great with oysters.

jlane22 Member
    It has been a few years but I ate at this great place in the area of the Kimmel Center Varalli Restaurant. They serve Italian and Seafood. It was wonderful! www.varalliusa.com

• Re: Restaurant recommendations for downtown Philly?
    jimarizona Platinum

Right across the street from the downtown Marriott is a very nice Italian restaurant - Magianos.  They even have a takeout window if you want to take anything back to your room.  The Reading Terminal Market is across the street from Magianos.  Local fare food court - I think it closes early in the evening so this is probably not a good dinner choice.

Table 31 - Ground floor of the Comcast Building (tallest building in the city) - check out the huge wall in the building lobby - its one big TV screen

Devon - on Rittenhouse Square (16th & walnut) - great seafood.

A couple of other suggestions that are a short cab ride from center city  -The Rose Tattoo in the Fairmount section - .    Jacks Firehouse - also in the Fairmount section.

surfwatcherb Gold

I grew up in Philly and now that I am gone, really miss the restaurant scene.  My number one recommendation is The City Tavern, at 2nd and Market.   It's a sentimental request as we had our wedding reception there.  However, the food is excellent, try the pepper pot soup, a philly tradition.   The waitstaff are dressed in colonial attire and there is a lot of history surrounding the place.  

I agree with some of the other reco's, The Rose Tatoo and Magianos and you have to visit the Reading Terminal Market.   Delicious.   Don't forget to enjoy a soft pretzel too ;-)

Have fun enjoying my hometown.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Don't remember the name of the restaurant but the one at the Rittenhouse Hotel was phenomenal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...