7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2012 5:10 PM by bazzap RSS

How to get rewards from Hotel.com resevation?

pastorgirl Member
Currently Being Moderated
How to get rewards from Hotel.com resevation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: How to get rewards from Hotel.com resevation?
    stevew Platinum
    It should not make any difference where the reservation was made, just make sure the hotel has your rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    I believe Hotels.com is not a discounter, so the previous answer is correct. But to book through priceline.com or other site that will prevent you from earning benefits (points, paid night, etc.). I would like to know what is the advantage of using hotels.com in the first place? Marriott.com will present more deals (prepayment rates, of course with cancellation fees) that hotels.com will not list. Significant money saver if you are certain to stay the nights booked.

favargas Platinum
    I have never booked through Hotels.com but you might not get points at all! If you find a cheaper rate online use the guidelines for the best rate guarantee that Marriott offers. I have done it and got a very sweet deal in Barcelona

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Many properties will not honor your MR points if you did not book through Marriott.com, in fact most large chains are the same way. You can try to see if they will add your MR # to your stay but best bet is to shop the Marriott.com rate and if you find a better one, call Marriott and get them to match/beat it.

• Re: How to get rewards from Hotel.com resevation?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

You'll earn points on your stays booked through the Marriott website or by calling reservations. See item 8 in the terms under Earning, http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for details.

esinva Member

Sadly, I just found this out.  Booked through a travelsite (flight plus stay) in St. Thomas, only to be told by Marriott that this stay does not count for awards.  The marriott website , in my view, is misleading, by stating  

Hotels

Earn for every stay. Depending on the hotel, you may earn up to 10 points or 2 air miles for every US dollar spent on your room rate or your total bill.

the disclaimer one can only find embedded  in the fine print of rules.  The above statement should be modified to say  "Earn for every stay booked through the Marriott website". 

bazzap Platinum

Fair comment.

Transparency should be a reasonable expectation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...