1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 8, 2011 11:55 PM by zukracer RSS

platinum elite. Wife & I have 5 days vacation to use from Nov 28 - Dec 9.  would like to use points for a place tropical / warm / romantic. any deals (e.g., point savers, free upgrades) & not too many air hrs from Boston? advise / suggestions?

theconsultant Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
platinum elite. Wife & I have 5 days vacation to use from Nov 28 - Dec 9. would like to use points for a place tropical / warm / romantic. any deals (e.g., point savers, free upgrades) & not too many air hrs from Boston? advise / suggestions?
  • A: platinum elite. Wife & I have 5 days vacation to use from Nov 28 - Dec 9.  would like to use points for a place tropical / warm / romantic. any deals (e.g., point savers, free upgrades) & not too many air hrs from Boston? advise / suggestions?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    I would say we need more info to really give you a more exact answer. First of them is how many hours in the air is too many. In general I would suggest catching a flight into San Juan. From BOS to SJU I think you are looking at around 8-9hrs of total travel time. To me thats a fairly good amount of "commute" time and I'm exec plat with American. From San Juan you can either hang out there in one of the many excellent resorts and enjoy the island OR you can catch a quick flight to most any island within an hour or two. I would say try St Thomas but its usually pretty hard to get a room on points and you are going to pay full fare typically. Getting there however is about the same commute as going to San Juan from BOS. Aruba has some great deals at times, though they have some other tourism issues the island is really quite nice. Its a much longer commute from BOS but at 12-14hrs you will find a fairly different island experience than the ones farther north. St Kitts has a fantastic property, good rates usually and a really nice variety of things to do there. Its about an hour from San Juan by prop plane and there's lots of reviews of that property on the site. Hope this helps some, if you post up more about what you two want to do while on vacation and kinda how far you are willing to go I'm sure we can get you some more solid pointers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...