2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2011 12:37 PM by jetsfan1960 RSS

Do you belong to more than one elite program?

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Do you belong to more than one elite program? Is it worth trying to do both or is the time better spent staying loyal to Marriott? We have the opportunity to fast track to Hilton Diamond, this year will be easy to do two programs but would be harder to keep in the future. But you also have to factor in the concentration of points to one program. I figure if I have enough carry over days it will help. Your thoughts please.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Do you belong to more than one elite program?
    stevew Platinum
    While I primarily stay at Marriott, I belong to most of the larger programs. My travel is mostly business and sometimes I am in an area without a Marriott and other times I have to stay at a particular hotel for a meeting. Given the number of annual nights, I could significant levels at 2 different chains, I chose not to. I believe that I have better access to vacation travel by keeping most of my points in one place and at least for me, the primary reason I am in a program is to have great vacations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Do you belong to more than one elite program?
    jetsfan1960 Platinum
    I was once Platinum for both Marriott and Starwood for 2 years straight. It's easier to maintain one and Marriott has the benefit of letting you qualify at a level for life.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...