1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 10:01 PM by versel RSS

Is it permissable to transfer reward points to another member ?

sonnyboy Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Is it permissable to transfer reward points to another member ? A member friend and I plan to stay at the Renaissance Ross Bridge. He does not have enough reward points. Can I transfer the needed points to his account ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
  • A: Is it permissable to transfer reward points to another member ?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    According to the website, you can only "Transfer points to your legal spouse or domestic partner at time of reward redemption if he or she is also a Rewards member. Contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 1-801-468-4000." Not sure what their definition of domestic partner is or how strictly they enforce it. My guess is that they probably check the mailing address in the profiles of the two members. You are permitted to use your points to purchase stays for others but not use points from two separate MR accounts to do so. Another option would be to use points to buy gift cheques here: http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/inhotelextras.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...