2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2011 7:36 AM by stevew RSS

Trying to understand the whole roll-over nights policy...

singlis Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to understand the whole roll-over nights policy. In 2011, I earned 200,000 points. Should I use all of the points before the end of the year, or will I lose some of them if I don't?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Trying to understand the whole roll-over nights policy...
    blava007 Platinum
    No, the points do not expire. They do depreciate in value (as changes take place from year to year) to the reward program.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Trying to understand the whole roll-over nights policy...
    stevew Platinum
    The roll-over nights policy is completely separate from points. As Blava007 stated, your points do not expire. Roll-over is a way to reward people for nights stayed above a reward level. I noticed that you are Platinum. Lets say you stayed 85 nights last year. Since you stayed 10 nights more than the 75 nights required for Platinum, you would roll-over 10 nights and your first stay this year would be your 11th night making it easier to get back to Platinum. The only catch is that roll-over only last 1 year. If you end this year with 90 nights, they would backout the 10 roll-over nights for a total of 80 nights and 5 nights would roll-over into 2012.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...