2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2011 8:43 AM by versel RSS

Chronic Disservice--Philadelphia cc Marriott-- Rules don't apply...Thoughts?

jsnieri Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I consistently get denied "platinum override" at the Philadelphia CC Marriott. I travel there on a weekly basis and over the last four month have only been able to book a stay there once. They claim to be special. Rules don't apply...Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Chronic Disservice--Philadelphia cc Marriott-- Rules don't apply...Thoughts?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    Every property is allowed to designate special events where they don't have to honor the guarantee. This is understandable since I think they're generally supposed to be used for dates where there is a low likelihood of cancellations (e.g. NYC on NYE). In that example, you'd make a lot of people very angry if they had reservations months in advance and a week before the event a bunch of Platinums came in and took all the rooms. I don't know, maybe convention centers have more (or unlimited?) dates on which they can deny the guarantee since they have more low-cancellation events. Perhaps Marriott can weigh in and clarify... Here are the full T&C for the benefit-- 48-hour Guaranteed Availability: Limited to Platinum Member's personal guestroom. Guaranteed room availability for reservations booked at least 48 hours prior to arrival available at all participating Marriott hotel brands except Marriott Vacation Club. 48 Hour Guaranteed Availability may not be available on certain limited dates (e.g., special events). Benefit cannot be used in conjunction with award usage or any type of promotional or discounted rates. For Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites, 48 Hour Guaranteed Availability applies to studio rooms only.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Chronic Disservice--Philadelphia cc Marriott-- Rules don't apply...Thoughts?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    Also note the "personal guest room" restriction. If you are trying to reserve more than one room, the guarantee doesn't apply.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...