2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 3:44 PM by ksinghal RSS

Have a question on this new offer from Marriott: "Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights" What if I stay a total of 75 nights during this promotion, does this mean I will get a total of 120K points?

ksinghal Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Have a question on this new offer from Marriott: "Earn 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + an extra 15,000 after 25 paid nights" What if I stay a total of 75 nights during this promotion, does this mean I will get a total of 120K points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Rno
    mleverone Platinum
    No. I hit the 25 off the last promo, and completed the 25 nights. I had to wait for the offer again and enroll for the challenge again. Platinum 92 nights this year about 85 2010.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rno
      ksinghal Platinum

The Megabonus promotion is not well designed for long stay guests.  Dissapointing in my view.

The promotion period is usually a 90 day period of which if you complete a 25 nights stay you are eligible and can earn 50,000 bonus points as a part of the promotion.

However in some cases I usually end up staying 75 nights or even 80 nights in that quarter. So my view is I have no incentive to stay over 25 nights the moment I have completed 25 nights and eligible for the 50K points.

What I did this time is, the moment I completed the 25 nights at a Marriott Property (much before April 30th deadline of the promotion end date) I was eligible to get the 50K bonus points, I switched over to a near by Hilton property and leveraged on their promotion.

If Marriott designed the program carefully, my view is that they would not lose those extra nights to competition.

I have brought this up with customer care and usually they do not have anything to offer to retain me as a customer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...