5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2011 11:26 AM by surfclubber RSS

Aruba Stellaris:  Using Marriott cheques and success with room upgrades

bts274 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
re: Aruba Stellaris: Has anyone used the Marriott Cheques here, and do you know what they are good for? Also, any recommendations on confirming a room upgrade when using points to pay for the stay? Concierge service has been disappointing to date!
  • A: Aruba Stellaris:  Using Marriott cheques and success with room upgrades
    PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews
    We were offered an upgrade to the Tradewinds at $150 per night - this was the best upgrade ever! The room, food, service, beach - everything far exceeded our expectations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bts274 Platinum 2 Reviews
    Thanks BUSMAN - I sent an email to concierge asking similar questions and heard back from the Front Desk Manager confirming a complimentary Ocean/Pool view. In your opinion, was the extra $150/nt for The Tradewinds worth the additional cost?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

texasnorton Platinum 6 Reviews
    Hi I'm not totally sure what the cheques are so can't answer that. I stayed at the hotel and they don't guarantee an upgraded room, but if you ask when you arrive they will if they can. You will find them very accomidating and a great place. Love our stay there in 2009. Lot's of locations near by for food, or gambling, there are some good fishermen on the dock just down the beach if you like to deap sea fish. And even if you don't get the room upgrade sometimes the view is actually better on the outside edge of the building, you can see the ocean less obstructed. I had two rooms one upgraded one not.

bts274 Platinum 6 Reviews
    Thanks for the response! The Front Desk Manager emailed me and confirmed an upgrade for me to a Ocean/Pool view. Certainly a first for me, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed Aruba - I am looking forward to it! As for the cheques - Elite members can exchange 130k points for $1000 in certificates good at any Marriott for rooms, restaurants, etc ... I thought it was a pretty good deal.

surfclubber Platinum
    they normally upgrade you when you arrive. When you check in ask if you can get this room #767. Stayed there last fall. I booked a marriott owners price construction room view for $150 a night and was put in there. You shouldn't have a problem using the cheques there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...