6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2015 1:19 PM by jerryl RSS

How does one achieve LPE status(Lifetime PLatinum Elite)?

marheath Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've seen several instances of this status being mentioned in my 'surfing' of these insider's pages, and find this a compelling perk worth investigating further.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: How does one achieve LPE status(Lifetime PLatinum Elite)?
    imagrits Platinum 1 Reviews
    copied from earlier   Now, Marriott is adjusting downward the number of points required to reach Elite Lifetime Status in the Marriott Rewards program, which now makes it within reach of many more loyal Marriott Rewards members.  It also means that, once Lifetime status is reached, if a current Platinum Elite member fails to achieve Platinum status in a year, he or she will be automatically renewed! Same thing applies for Lifetime Gold and Silver Elites who fail to make their level in a given year.   These changes, which will take effect in mid January, reduce the points by as much as one third required to be accumulated over a lifetime, a significant reduction for those seeking Lifetime status. Nice adjustment for many members because the hardest part of making Lifetime status was the accumulation of points (for me it was).   In my view this is recognition of everyone’s continued loyalty to Marriott and Marriott Rewards effort to give us a better and fairer program.  In 2009,  many of us were unable to maintain our travel schedules due to budgetary and organizational constraints.  Now the finish line for Elite Lifetime is a lot closer than it used to be.   Here are the details from Marriott:   “Change to Elite Lifetime Status Qualification Marriott Rewards has reviewed the Lifetime qualification criteria based on member feedback from the Insiders that the required points threshold seemed too high compared to the thresholds for nights and years. After analysis, we agree and will re-set lifetime point thresholds (starting mid-January) for all levels so they are consistent with the other required activity metrics (years enrolled in the program and nights stayed).   Years enrolled in the program and nights stayed will not change (Platinum, Gold and Silver Elite Lifetime still requires 12 years participation in the program. Platinum Lifetime  requires 1000 nights stayed and paid for, Gold requires 800 paid nights and Silver 600 paid nights. The new points threshold will be as follows:   -Silver Elite Lifetime - 1.5 million points now 1.2 million points.  -Gold Elite Lifetime - 2 million points now 1.6 million points -Platinum Elite Lifetime - 3 million points now lowered to 2 million points”  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How does one achieve LPE status(Lifetime PLatinum Elite)?
    moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

I think you'll find the 'imagrits' statement is well out of date. Ignore.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Here are the current Lifetime requirements:

Earn Lifetime membership with these milestones:

Lifetime Silver Elite250 nights 1.2 million points
      Lifetime Gold Elite500 nights 1.6 million points
      Lifetime Platinum Elite750 nights 2 million points

scottreese Platinum

I am close on the lifetime Platinum Elite points, is there any expected change in number of points required for next year? I hope to cross the threshold in January/February with the current bonus and unexpected holiday travels, but only if the number doesn't increase.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hey Crew.  I reached out to our greater team for clarification on this.  At this time, there has been no information about the Lifetime Elite Status requirements changing in 2016. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...