4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2011 4:10 PM by nycuws10025 RSS

I have a Marriott Rewards Visa certificate for a nights stay.  How do I access it and use it for my free night?

fviggiano Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a Marriott Rewards Visa certificate for a nights stay. How do I access it and use it for my free night? The free night is listed on my Marriott Rewards account but I have no way of getting more information on how to use it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I have a Marriott Rewards Visa certificate for a nights stay.  How do I access it and use it for my free night?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    When you attempt to book a free night using points via the MR site, one of the screens asks if you want to generate a new certificate or use the one on file. Just select the one on file as long as you are within your category. I believe you have to call the MR desk if you want to use the free night in conjunction with other nights on the same reservation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I have a Marriott Rewards Visa certificate for a nights stay.  How do I access it and use it for my free night?
    sramsby Gold
    I just called about this same thing not more than 30 minutes ago. You can Not book a room online using this certificate. You have to figure out which hotel you want, then call customer service to see if it is available. I guess they have not figured out how to link the certificate to a reservation, basic 1990's technology.

teluxe Platinum
    Call the Marriott rewards line and they can help you redeem it. I don't believe that it can be redeemed online

nycuws10025 Platinum
    Scramsby has hit the nail squarely on the head! Marriott HAS developed/rolled out electronic certificates for the Visa awards, but those electronic certificates can only be redeemed manually - Yes, you've got to CALL Marriott reservations to use them. . If I were in Marriott Technolgy department, that would be high on my list of enhancements to get programmed. Why drive the costs of handling such bookings up because of a forced call to Marriott Reservations instead of letting those of us who want to book online be able to do so. . Actually, it just occurred to me that maybe they're making it difficult to use them? I know lots of people have written to Insiders asking about "When will I get my Visa certificate?" thinking they're going to get something in the mail. I also wonder how many just expire in the "Unused Certificates" category of our Account Activity pages without the recipient even being aware he/she had it?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...