2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 12:03 PM by lhibbb RSS

Marriott Vacation Club With Points?

lhibbb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What is the trick to reserving a room at the Marriott Vacation Club properties with Marriott Rewards points? Seems like they are always unavailable when I try to book one, but I do like to book WAY in advance. Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Marriott Vacation Club With Points?
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    No trick, but you have to understand how timeshare bookings work. Before any reservations for a particular time are received by a HOTEL property, the hotel is completely empty with no reservations received. As reservationa come in, the hotel fills up. On the other hand, before any reservations are received by a TIMESHARE property, the property is technically full with its owners who could potentially use their ownership weeks --- full that is until owners trade their week or weeks out of their home property to another property. When that happens - and only when that happens - timeshare units become available to others who would reserve in exchange for payment in MR points, in money, or for a week at another property. In other words, a timeshare resort is full until someone chooses to trade out. What you need is luck ----- luck to make your MR request just after someone has traded out of the property you are attempting to get into.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Marriott Vacation Club With Points?
    lhibbb Platinum 1 Reviews
    So in other words, my best method of "attack" would be to check often and obsessively and be ready to pounce on the reservation if and when one becomes available?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...