2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 7:11 PM by nycuws10025 RSS

Due to overbooking, I was transferred to another hotel in the area. Marriott paid for the hotel. Do I still get the night credited to my account?

roadrunnerbg Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Due to overbooking, I was transferred to another hotel in the area. Marriott paid for the hotel. Do I still get the night credited to my account (not worried about points)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Due to overbooking, I was transferred to another hotel in the area. Marriott paid for the hotel. Do I still get the night credited to my account?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    I doubt it, but I would give it your best try. Call the number on the back of your MR card and tell them the situation. Since I always try to book via Marriott, I would be seriously annoyed (even while placed elsewhere) if I didn't get points since I could almost certainly in most places have found a less expensive hotel. ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Due to overbooking, I was transferred to another hotel in the area. Marriott paid for the hotel. Do I still get the night credited to my account?
    nycuws10025 Platinum
    Like Prof Chiara, I also doubt it. . The only time this ever happened to me, (they won't even ALLOW PE's to volunteer to be walked in most hotels) I didn't pay Marriott for the room and Marriott paid for the room at the other hotel. . So, in essence, I got that night for free and I was plenty happy with that because there was a convention in town and there wasn't ANYTHING inexpensive available in town. I didn't even think of asking for nights (or points) credit. . But if you had to pay for the room at Marriott before they paid for your room at the second hotel, I don't think that it would be too much to ask for the nights and points you should have gotten. . Seeing that you're Silver Elite, there might also be a compensation payment due to you as well - I know there is at the Platinum level. I regret I'm not more familiar with the Silver benefits. That information (if it exists for SE) will be in the Terms and Conditions in the Elite Benefits guarantee section. I'm rushing to get to the airport and don't have time to check myself right now. If it exists at the SE level and if you didn't get it, I would call Customer Care and ask for both the compensation AND the night at the same time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...