10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 12:19 AM by memphismoose RSS

Having trouble booking with points at grand hotel flora in Rome

laurenandrea Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to book three nights in at the Grand Hotel Flora in Rome. I have enough points for the nights, and the hotel has availability those nights. But I am getting an error message: "Unfortunately, no points redemption rooms are available..."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy
  • A: Having trouble booking with points at grand hotel flora in Rome
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    I had the same problem. EMAIL. EMAIL, EMAIL!!!! Send emails to Customer Care. If they say they can't do anything, ask for a supervisor's name and keep going up the ladder. Ask for the manager's name at the Grand Flora and email him. Let them know you're loyalty and frustration! After many emails to Customer Care, I finally had the Asst. Manager of the Grand Flora email me letting me know they were giving me a room for points... and upgrading me to a Jr. Suite with a view of the Via Veneto as compensation for my frustration.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurenandrea Silver 3 Reviews
    Thank You for your help! Do you remember how many points you used per night at this hotel?

It is a Category 8 hotel so it is 40,000 points/night. Redeem 4 nights and get the 5th night free.

adtmarriott Platinum 3 Reviews
    I am also having trouble booking the Grand Hotel Flora via points. Read many reviews here and on Trip Advisor that say out of the 4 in Rome, this is the best marriott location. Email from Marriott Rewards to inquire about using points was a generic form letter with links on how to redeem my points (like I don't know!) and it only confirmed that this hotel does not participate in no blackout dates for redemption. It is available for cost of course. I am wondering if I can get the email address of the hotel to try to request this stay through points as well? I didn't see their email on their fact page. I am staying 5 nights in October, which should be a slower period for them. I also saw that we can redeem 135k points for a $1,000 certificate and wonder if I could do that route and would the hotel honor that for use on hotel nights?? Thanks!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Insiders, I contacted our Guest Services team regarding this property and here is what I learned: this is an extremely popular location, and it is unfortunately one of our properties that does not participate in our "no Black Out Dates" policy. To use points for a standard redemption at this hotel it is best to book your reservation as far out as possible. ADTMarriott, your suggestion that you could use the Gift Checks is an excellent suggestion, and will work on any publicly available room rate you book at the Grand Flora. Regards, Laura

• Re: A: Having trouble booking with points at grand hotel flora in Rome
      memphismoose Platinum

I have a reservation for our trip to Rome in April at the Grand Flora, but I missed the chance to book with points so I am planning to use the points to buy gift checks to pay for the stay instead.  Before I make that move,can you confirm I will be able to use the checks if I booked my stay on Marriott's sire?  Just want to reconfirm so I dont end up wth checks that I cant use there.  Thanks.

I also stayed there in October 2009. I began to try booking it using points a year in advance, October - November 2008, since the new point redemption structure (many more points were required in this new point structure) was going into effect in early 2009. Couldn't get it after trying every combo that I could come up with twice a day! So, the new point structure went into effect with the new 'no blackout policy'. I stayed up until after midnite to book it the first day of the new point structure and blackout policy. Again, no luck. No one told us that the new blackout policy didn't apply to all hotels! I was totally disgusted with Marriott! Many, many emails later, I finally got in. Keep up the email campaign!!! Go up the ladder until you are satisfied.

viajero Silver 3 Reviews
    Same here. Not so helpful lady in chat told me that the hotels are only required to offer standard rooms for reward bookings. So if all their standard rooms are reserved then they can have rooms available (paid) but no reward rooms. Im using some Hilton points that im probably going to lose anyway in a waldorf thats relatively close to the downtown and looks very nice.

iwander Platinum 3 Reviews
    I had the same problem and was told that the hotels only allocate a set amount for rooms for points and that each property is individually operated. I booked the Marriott Park hotel which is a Cat 5 and kept trying to get into Hotel Flora. I was successful so I guess it changes daily as cancellations arise. Since this is our first time to Rome, we wanted to be close to the city and sites.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    iwander, I would suggest you book at the Courtyard Central Park hotel instead of the Marriott Park Hotel. The Park hotel is way out of town whereas the Central Park is just on the outskirts. Before it was re-branded a Courtyard a year ago, this was a full service Marriott. I had a most comfortable stay there last summer but since it isn't in town, you would need to take the nearby train to get into central Rome, which takes about 15 minutes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...