1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 8, 2011 5:53 PM by tef6178 RSS

Help! I would like to transfer my points for airline tickets and I keep getting different amount that I need.  Can anyone help me?

ls41868 Member
Currently Being Moderated
Help! I would like to transfer my points for airline tickets and I keep getting different amount that I need. Can anyone help me?
  • A: Help! I would like to transfer my points for airline tickets and I keep getting different amount that I need.  Can anyone help me?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    More information is needed to help you out. Who is changing the amount you are referring to? The airline? Marriott? As I understand the program, Marriott requires a definitive amount of points used to get a specific amount of miles for a particular airline, so I wouldn't think Marriott was changing the amounts. That being said, the airlines have 'peak' and 'non-peak' rewards that require different amounts of miles. Depending on the airline, I have seen rewards on miles for a specific route change on different days for the same route. One day it's peak, the next it's non-peak. I found that one just has to grab it when it is at the lowest amount. I also don't know if the airline will 'hold' a ticket on points until the Marriott points are transferred. You'd have to check with the airline as I'm not sure Marriott would know that answer. Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...