4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2011 2:01 PM by redsox86 RSS

My husband and I will be visiting Germany summer 2011 on vacation. I have recently become Platinum Elite. I don't know the benefits of Elite in Germany. Which Marriotts are best in Frankfurt? Munich? Cologne? Services available?

vacatioinstyle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
My husband and I will be visiting Germany summer 2011 on vacation. I have recently become Platinum Elite. I don't know the benefits of Elite in Germany. Which Marriotts are best in Frankfurt? Munich? Cologne? Services available?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Germany
  • A: My husband and I will be visiting Germany summer 2011 on vacation. I have recently become Platinum Elite. I don't know the benefits of Elite in Germany. Which Marriotts are best in Frankfurt? Munich? Cologne? Services available?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    I have found that being Platinum in Germany does not get you anything more than the US but there are higher chances of getting an upgrade depending on what days you are there. As for places to stay: Cologne - only 2 Marriott properties in the city, I'd suggest the Marriott over the Renaissance http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cgnmc-cologne-marriott-hotel/ Its right in the middle of most anything you could want to see/do there and right by the train station. As long as you are up north, you should definitely check out Dusseldorf. Its an very pretty city, great shopping and some cool stuff to see as well. Frankfurt - If you are going between cities by train and arriving at FRA airport, I'd say the Marriott over the Courtyard. If you are going to have a car, the Courtyard might make more sense. Munich - The Renaissance is great and fairly easy to access either by car or train/subway. If you are going by rail between cities make sure you know exactly which stop you are getting off at .... I made the mistake of getting off at the wrong one once and it wasnt fun. If you plan to drive I definitely recommend a good GPS and look at the map of your projected route. You have the north to the south listed for cities and there is a TON of things to see/do in between. Innsbruck or Zurich are easy spots to reach if you are already down in Munich :) Have fun and take lots of pictures

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: My husband and I will be visiting Germany summer 2011 on vacation. I have recently become Platinum Elite. I don't know the benefits of Elite in Germany. Which Marriotts are best in Frankfurt? Munich? Cologne? Services available?
    vacatioinstyle Platinum
    Great suggestions. Thanks.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
    I am happy for you...Germany is so beautiful! Here is our experience...we were traveling with our sons, ages 5 and 7 at the time-almost 3 years ago), and we went to Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Meersburg(and a few other wonderful, small towns). Only Cologne and Frankfurt had Marriott properties, and we did have a car(have fun driving very FAST!!!!). In Cologne we stayed at the Renaissance, because it had a pool, and it was great! The pool was so inviting after a day walking around, and free breakfast for us as Platinum(maybe even just gold at the time, I can['t remember). Also, we were upgraded nicely to accommodate our family. It was a nice walk to the awesome Cathedral(we like to walk), and we had a great dinner outside directly across the street from the Cathedral. Wouldn't change a thing!!! And in Frankfurt, we opted for the Courtyard, because they have free access to a fun German spa that is connected to it. It is in a big shopping mall, so we were able to have delicious dinner and snacks, do some shopping, and relax at the spa(it is all indoor...a BIG swimming complex with diving areas, a water slide, whirlpools, etc)...the kids had a blast. The hotel was alright...didn't have air conditioning, so it was a bit stuffy, and outdated at the time, but the kids loved the spa, as did we adults. And, if you can get down to the Bodenese, Lake Constance is beautiful!!! We stayed in Meersburg(rented an apartment-no Marriotts- right across from the Pink Palace), and we spent one day at the spa on the lake, which was incredible!! Meersburg is gorgeous!!! A quaint, old town that takes you back in time! And, we went in June, when they had there big music festival, where we watched the international choirs and bands perform under the stars, sipping wine, eating big pretzels, and making friends with the locals...it was simply enchanting!!! Someday, we would like to spend a month there in the summer, because the lake is bordered by 3 countries...Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. You could see the Alps from Meersburg, and there are ferries and boats that can take you all over...we just didn't have enough time. So, I strongly encourage you to go there, even if there isn't a Marriott around(if time permits!). Have a wonderful time!!!

redsox86 Platinum 11 Reviews
    I'm envious! My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Bavaria for our 25th wedding anniversay in 2008, it was awesome. We spent a week at the Renaissance Munich and were upgraded to a suite, althought I'm not sure if it was because of Platinum status or not. I didn't ask for it, but we were given a great corner room. It's a short 2 blocks to the subway (safe, clean and inexpensive) and it's only a 10 min.trip into downtown Munich. The Englischer Garten is closeby and is worth a visit, especialy the Chinese Garten. We stayed one night at the Munich City Center Courtyard which is walking distance from tons of activities. We also vistited Zurich and stayed at a Courtyard which was a lot of fun and great for long day trips to the Alps. Have a great trip!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...